PTs require 24 CEUs and PTAs require 12 CEUs, both in a two-year renewal period
The Ohio Physical Therapy Association, through the Continuing Education Committee, is an entity authorized by the Physical Therapy Section of the Ohio Occupational Therapy, Physical Therapy, and Athletic Trainer's Board (hereafter referred to as the PT Section of the OT, PT, AT Board) to review and approve continuing education courses, programs and activities that contribute to the growth of a participant's professional competence in the practice of physical therapy. Refer to Section 4755.53 (C) of the Ohio Revised Code
Applying for CE Approval
Notice: You do not need to submit an application for OPTA approval in the following instances:
- Coursework completed at a CAPTE accredited Entry-Level DPT
- Coursework completed during a Transitional DPT program
- Service as an APTA PT/PTA Credentialed Clinical Instructor (CI)
- Service as a mentor in an APTA credentialed residency / fellowship program
- Passing the following specialty examinations will qualify for twenty-four contact hours of CE in the year the examination is taken:
- Specialty examinations administered by the American board of physical therapy specialties (ABPTS).
- The hand therapy certification commission (HTCC) certification examination.
Download your CE Application
- Individual Application for CEUs
- Individual Teaching/Publication Application
- Sponsor Application for CEUs
Submit Your Application
Notice: The OPTA does not generate automatic receipts following application submission. The application/approval process may take up to 60 days to complete, please plan your application(s) accordingly. Incomplete applications will be disregarded until all necessary documentation is provided.
- Email: CEapps@ohiopt.org - Must be submitted as 1 (one) .pdf file.
- Mail: OPTA - 1085 Beecher Crossing North, Suite B - Gahanna, OH - 43230
- Fax: (614) 855-5914