The mission of the Mentorship Initiative is for members to identify the Mentorship Initiative as the primary resource for professional growth and networking of both mentors and proteges. It will encourage the development of the protege to become an involved and contributing member of the association and the physical therapy community.
The Mentorship Initiative will be available to all members, but our initial focus will be on transition group members (individuals one to three years post graduation from PT or PTA school).
The purpose of the Mentorship Initiative is to establish an effective way to welcome members and integrate them into OPTA's culture and values while create an environment that fosters personal and professional growth through the sharing of professional information, skills, attitudes, and behaviors. Additionally, it will promote the profession of physical therapy; enhance the retention of OPTA members and develop a network of one-on-one relationships between physical therapy professionals within the OPTA.
|BENEFITS TO THE PROTEGEE:|
Click Here for Protegee Job Description
|BENEFITS TO THE MENTOR:|
Click Here for Mentor Job Description
- Enrollment for proteges will be open for 2008 graduates
- October 31st - Enrollment for protges will continue from November 1st through November 31st for any individual interested in being a protge ** EXTENDED**
- All applications for protges must be completed by January 1st 2009 ** EXTENDED**
- Enrollment for mentors will begin October 1st 2008 and remain a continuous process from that date on
- All mentors interested in participating in the 2009 pilot year must have their applications in by January 1st 2009 ** EXTENDED**
If you have questions about the OPTA Mentorship Initiative, contact the OPTA office by phone at 614-855-4109 or by email at firstname.lastname@example.org.