Congratulations to the 2014 OPTA Award Winners! We are so proud of your accomplishments.
Outstanding Physical Therapist Award: Lynn Czup, PT, DPT
Outstanding Physical Therapist Assistant Award: John Rebic, PTA
Outstanding Student Award: Jeffrey Swiers, PT, DPT
Emerging Leader Award: Chris Wilson, PT, DPT, CHES
Meritorious Service Award: Ron Kleinman, PT
Outstanding Clinical Educator Award: Karoline Lubbeck, PT, DPT
Questions about the process? Contact the OPTA Awards Chair, Scott Euype, PT, DPT, OCS by email at firstname.lastname@example.org or the OPTA office.
The function of the OPTA Research Fund is to promote and support research studies relative to clinical practice, education or administration which will enhance the profession of physical therapy. This is provided through grants for approved activities. View the 2014 Grant Recipients!
2015 Grant Application Details
- Grant applications will open May 4, 2015 and close August 14, 2015.
- OPTA 2015 Research Grant Application + Grant Application Review Form
- Must be submitted electronically as one .pdf file to email@example.com
Friend of PT Research Award
- The Research Committee honors a "friend" who has assisted an Ohio PT/PTA in completing a research-related activity. The person nominated can be any non-PT such as: an equipment vendor, a health care team member who participates in or supports a PT study, or an administrative helper for a large project, etc.
- Friend Of PT Research Award 2015 - Deadline for nomination: August 14, 2015.
Submit a Presentation Proposal:
OPTA's 2015 Scientific Symposium, held October 9, 2015 in Columbus, Ohio, will focus on education of clinical practice guidelines from all practice areas. Presentations are now being accepted on topics related to evidence-based clinical practice guidelines.
Presentations will showcase speakers who will educate our audience in short snippets of well-developed information. Speakers will be challenged to hone their knowledge and give an overview of their topic in 18 minutes or less. Submission Deadline: May 29, 2015
- 2015 Call for Presentations - Details on submission requirements + clinical practice topic
- A Guide to Presenting at 2015 Scientific Symposium - Helpful tips
Submit a Research Abstract:
Interested in submitting a research abstract for the 2015 Scientific Symposium? Download our application instructions and submit, today! Submission Deadline: June 30, 2015
- 2015 Call for Research Abstracts - Details on poster/platform presentations + sample abstract for review
Top scoring abstracts will be awarded the following OPTA Research Awards:
Best Poster Presentation
To formally recognize an Ohio physical therapist or physical therapist assistant for excellence in presentation of a research poster at the OPTA Scientific Symposium.
Best Platform Presentation
To formally recognize an Ohio physical therapist or physical therapist assistant for excellence in a platform presentation of their research at the OPTA Scientific Symposium.