Research Committee Members
Ohio Research Grants
The function of the Ohio Physical Therapy Association Research Fund (Research Fund) is to promote and support research studies relative to clinical practice, education or administration which will enhance the profession of physical therapy. This is provided through grants for approved activities.
Grant Application Form:
Grant Application Instructions:
OPTA Research Committee
The OPTA Research Committee would like to extend an invitation to anyone who is interested in "PT Research" to attend a committee meeting you do not need to be a member of the committee to attend. Attending a meeting provides you the opportunity to meet others who may be interested in participating with you on a research project. The committee can also serve as a source of information for your project needs. The committee holds a meeting at the OPTA Fall Conference on Saturday at noon and in March (date/place to be announced) of each year. You can contact either co-chair of the committee at anytime with questions or suggestions for the committee. We appreciate feedback so that we can reach the research needs of our profession. Come join us at the next meeting.
Our Mission is to promote, acknowledge, facilitate, and communicate physical therapy research for evidence-based practice.
The connection to our professional future
The OPTA research committee provides a means for members (who share a common interest in research related to physical therapy) to meet, share, and promote those interests for evidence-based practice. Specifically, the purposes are to:
- Promote outcome, clinical and basic science research within the chapter
- Acknowledge and reward those persons involved in research
- Facilitate research activities in the chapter
- Communicate information about research processes and results
- Develop and implement plans to promote research within the chapter
- Hold at least one executive/advisory meeting annually. Consider scheduling during OPTA's annual or semi-annual conference.
- Maintain a booth at OPTA annual conference.
- Keep a record of Research Committee functions and plans for open review and facilitation of changes in Committee activities.
- Update strategic plan yearly.
- Acknowledge & reward those persons involved in research.
- Hold a recognition ceremony of completed research at annual conference.
- Print abstracts of poster and platform presentations from annual conference.
- Peer-review submitted proposals for annual conference.
- Develop criteria for awards for research projects.
- Foster the coordination of and facilitate outcome, clinical and basic science research activities in the chapter.
- Submit Research Committee Report to the OPTA Newsletter (6 times per year) and Executive Board.
- Develop and maintain updated membership list.
- Communicate research topics and contact information for people interested in collaborating on research projects.
- Board members to participate in research projects.
- Support research projects. e.g. Ohio Project?
- Provide access to grant funding sources.
- Support evidence-based resource center on website (provide web-based links to APTA and other EBP resources).
- Serve as mentors to other OPTA Members who are involved in research projects.
- Provide funds for research projects
- Communicate information about research processes and results.
- Support evidence-based continuing education programs.
- Assist the Conference Committee in the coordination of research platforms and posters at the Annual Conference.
- Develop web-site presence on OPTA website and link to APTA Research page and other research related links.
- Use e-mail to coordinate/communicate activities to committee members and OPTA members.