Special Interest Groups - SIGs
Pediatrics | Sports | Students
Purpose: To provide a forum for communication among pediatric physical therapy professionals in Ohio. Pediatric PTs/PTAs are encouraged to contact their district representative with pediatric related concerns.
- SIG Chair: Betsy Donahoe-Fillmore
- Southwest District: Amy Schlessman
- West Central District: Betsy Donahoe-Fillmore
- Central District: Jennifer Wissinger
- East Central District: Suzanne Giuffre and Rita Guthrie
- Northwest District: Laura Quickle
- Catherine Gohrband
- Cheryl Van Hoose
- Joyce Lammers (Ohio State rep to the APTA, Section on Pediatrics)
- Toni Doty
- APTA Section on Pediatrics State Representative Tracie Molloy
- APTA Section on Pediatrics (membership encouraged!)
- (from the Ohio OT/PT/AT Board6/13/11)Determination of Appropriate Caseload for School-Based OT/PT Practice Position Paper
- National Early Childhood Technical Assistance Center (NECTAC)
- Looks Like/Doesn't Look Like (document describing PSP model)
- Office of Special Education Programs (OSEP)
- Team-based Service Delivery Approaches to Pediatric Practice
- Natural Environments in Early Intervention Services
Purpose: The Sports PT SIG is established for interested OPTA members to deepen their knowledge and practical applications of physical therapy care for the athlete. The SIG is dedicated to serving the needs of and providing a forum for information exchange for individuals with similar interests. The SIG serves as a network of like-minded individuals with similar professional interests.
Purpose: to give students a voice in the OPTA. The group provides students a way to meet, confer, and promote the interests of student members, the OPTA, and the APTA. It is a vehicle by which valuable information can be disseminated to PT and PTA students about current events and issues affecting the profession.
Election to the SSIG board is open to every Ohio DPT student or PTA student who is an OPTA member. Elections take place prior to the OPTA Annual Conference where the results are announced.
Check out the new Student page for more information.
- PT Co-Chair: Corey Block - Ohio University
- PTA Co-Chair: Anthony Lang - Bradford School
- Vice Chair / Treasurer: Stephen Ely - Walsh University
- Secretary: Danielle Capetillo - The Ohio State University
- Website Coordinator: Sarah Kidd - The Ohio State University
- Activities Coordinator: Eric Horton - Ohio University
- Student Challenge Coordinator: Patrick McSweeney - University of Cincinnati
- APTA Student Assembly Rep: Frank Baker - Ohio University
- OPTA SSIG Leadership Structure & Officer Descriptions
- OPTA Student Facebook Group
- APTA Student Assembly
- APTA National Student Conclave
Meeting Agendas & Minutes:
- Viewable by members on the new Student page.