Pediatrics Special Interest Group
Purpose: To provide a forum for communication among pediatric physical therapists in Ohio. Policies and procedures are in the development process. Pediatric therapists are encouraged to contact their district representative with pediatric related concerns.
Cheryl Van Hoose
(Ohio State rep to the APTA, Section on Pediatrics)
Determination of Appropriate Caseload for School-Based Occupational Therapy and Physical Therapy Practice Position Paper (from the Ohio Occupational Therapy, Physical Therapy, & Athletic Trainers Board, 6/13/11)
- Regarding whether the IEP can serve as the plan of care: Meeting Minutes from September 9, 2010 (see Correspondance #6 )
- Regarding physical therapists serving in the role of a primary service provider/primary coach part of a primary service provider model: Meeting Minutes from January 13, 2011 (see Correspondance #6 )
- Regarding scope of practice in early inervention: Meeting Minutes from May 12, 2011 (see Correspondance #3)
- Helpful information about IEP’s and PT PoC: Fall 2010 newsletter from the PT Section
- Ohio Physical Therapy Practice Act
The Pediatric Section of the APTA (must be a member of APTA)
- Team-based Service Delivery Approaches to Pediatric Practice (public document)
- Natural Environments in Early Intervention Services (public document)
Please also see ACCESS issues for more information about EI and pediatric services.