Welcome, future of our profession!
The OPTA recognizes that as a student of physical therapy YOU are the future. Your voice is important, and your perspective and contributions are needed!
STUDENT SPECIAL INTEREST GROUP (SSIG):
The Student Special Interest Group provides a way for OPTA student members to confer, meet and exchange information about OPTA and about physical therapy. It's easy to get involved:
- Learn more about the SSIG and officers.
- SSIG Conference Calls take place the first Sunday of the month at 8:30 p.m.
- OPTA student members can request more information about the SSIG and joining the conference calls with our Interested Student Form.
- Check out the SCHOOL OF THE MONTH, featuring an Ohio PT or PTA program.
SSIG Documents (members-only):
- Conference Call Agendas:
- Journal Articles:
Step 1: Learn about the roles and responsibilities of each SSIG officer position.
Step 2: Identify potential student leaders to the OPTA by completing the Student Nomination for Office Form below by November 30, 2014.
Any OPTA student member can self-nominate, nominate a peer or be nominated by a faculty member.
Step 3: SSIG Student Affairs Liaison contacts nominated students for consent to serve, candidate bios and headshot.
Step 4: VOTE! Online voting opens March 13, 2015 and is open for 30 days. At the beginning of the 30-day election period, OPTA members will receive an email with login instructions to place your votes through our partner AssociationVoting.com. Voting closes Saturday, April 11.
Step 5: Election results are announced at the OPTA Annual Conference on Saturday, April 11.
Questions? Contact the OPTA office at firstname.lastname@example.org, subject line: SSIG Elections.
- Become a member of the 2015 Student Challenge Committee! Please email Barbara Zoretic no later than November 21 for more information!
- Network with PT/PTA professionals at the Student Challenge at Annual Conference
- Upcoming Events:
- November 11: Essential Wound Care for All Clinicians (WC CE event)
- November 15: Northeast District Strategic Planning Meeting (NE District)
- November 30: Student Nominations for Office Due
- Student Nominations for SSIG Elections DUE
- December 7: SSIG Conference Call 8:30 p.m.
- December 10: Marilyn Mount Case Report Night (NE District)
- January 4: SSIG Conference Call 8:30 p.m.
- February 1: SSIG Conference Call 8:30 p.m.
- March 1: SSIG Conference Call 8:30 p.m.
- March 29: SSIG Conference Call 8:30 p.m.
*Please note this schedule is subject to change.
OPTA hosts student essay contests during the year to fund trips for deserving students to attend APTA national events. Deadlines and submission instructions will be posted as the contests open.
- 2014 State Policy & Payment Forum
- 2014 National Student Conclave
- 2015 Federal Advocacy Forum - Deadlines TBA
- 2015 House of Delegates - Deadlines TBA
- Benefits of Student Membership in APTA and OPTA
- List of Scholarship Opportunities for PT/PTA Students
- OPTA Students Facebook page ← Stay informed!
- APTA's Student Assembly Page
- Prospective and Current Students of PT
- Career Starter Dues Program ← Graduating soon?
- Follow OPTA on Twitter, Facebook, YouTube and LinkedIn!
Click here to view a clickable PDF of all the PT and PTA Programs in the state of Ohio!