Welcome, future of our profession!
The OPTA recognizes that as a student of physical therapy YOU are the future. Your voice is important, and your perspective and contributions are needed!
STUDENT SPECIAL INTEREST GROUP (SSIG):
The Student Special Interest Group provides a way for students to confer, meet and exchange information about OPTA and about physical therapy. It's easy to get involved:
- Learn more about the SSIG (including officer contact info and meeting minutes).
- Request more information with our Interested Student Form.
- Join the SSIG monthly conference calls--just listen in or add to the discussion by presenting on an interesting article you've read!
- July 13 Conference Call Journal Article: Runners dystonia
- Join the OPTA Student Facebook page.
- Network with PT/PTA professionals at Annual Conference and Scientific Symposium
- Connect with fellow PTs, PTAs and students at district events
- Upcoming Events:
OPTA hosts four student essay contests during the year to fund trips for deserving students to attend APTA national events. See the Student Essay Contest Instructions and click links below for more information:
- 2014 State Policy & Payment Forum - Deadline: June 27
- 2014 National Student Conclave - Nominations open end of July
- 2015 Federal Advocacy Forum - TBA
- 2015 House of Delegates - TBA