Welcome, future of our profession!
The OPTA recognizes that as a student of physical therapy YOU are the future. Your voice is important, and your perspective and contributions are needed!
STUDENT SPECIAL INTEREST GROUP (SSIG):
The Student Special Interest Group provides a way for OPTA student members to confer, meet and exchange information about OPTA and about physical therapy. It's easy to get involved:
- Learn more about the SSIG and officers.
- OPTA student members can request more information with our Interested Student Form.
- Join the SSIG monthly conference calls--just listen in or add to the discussion by presenting on an interesting article you've read!
- Join the OPTA Student Facebook page.
SSIG Documents (members-only):
- Conference Call Agendas
- Network with PT/PTA professionals at Annual Conference and Scientific Symposium
- Connect with fellow PTs, PTAs and students at district events
- Upcoming Events:
- October 23: PT Pub Night (NW District Event)
- October 25: Ohio State Game Tailgate (Central District Event)
- October 27: PT Pub Night (SW District Event)
- November 2: SSIG Conference Call 8:30 p.m.
- December 7: SSIG Conference Call 8:30 p.m.
- November 11: Essential Wound Care for All Clinicians (WC CE event)
- December 10: Marilyn Mount Case Report Night (NE District)
*Please note this schedule is subject to change.
OPTA hosts four student essay contests during the year to fund trips for deserving students to attend APTA national events.
- 2014 State Policy & Payment Forum - Deadline: June 27
- 2014 National Student Conclave - Nominations from faculty due August 28
- 2015 Federal Advocacy Forum - TBA
- 2015 House of Delegates - TBA
- Getting in "The Loop!"
- OPTA Students Facebook page ← Stay informed!
- APTA's Student Assembly Page
- Prospective and Current Students of PT
- Career Starter Dues Program ← Graduating soon?
- Follow OPTA on Twitter, Facebook, YouTube and LinkedIn!
Click here to view a clickable PDF of all the PT and PTA Programs in the state of Ohio!