Welcome, future of our profession!
The OPTA recognizes that as a student of physical therapy YOU are the future. Your voice is important, and your perspective and contributions are needed!
STUDENT SPECIAL INTEREST GROUP (SSIG):
The Student Special Interest Group provides a way for OPTA student members to confer, meet and exchange information about OPTA and about physical therapy. It's easy to get involved:
- Learn more about the SSIG and officers.
- OPTA student members can request more information with our Interested Student Form.
- Join the SSIG monthly conference calls--just listen in or add to the discussion by presenting on an interesting article you've read!
- Join the OPTA Student Facebook page.
SSIG Documents (members-only):
- Conference Call Agendas
- Network with PT/PTA professionals at Annual Conference and Scientific Symposium
- Connect with fellow PTs, PTAs and students at district events
- Upcoming Events:
- September 18: PT Pub Night (SW District Event)
- September 30: Gross Anatomy Review of the Upper Extremity (SW District CE Event)
- October 5: SSIG Conference Call 8:30 p.m.
- October 10: OPTA's 2014 Scientific Symposium
- October 15: Northeast District Student Grant Nominations Due
- November 2: SSIG Conference Call 8:30 p.m.
- December 7: SSIG Conference Call 8:30 p.m.
*Please note this schedule is subject to change.
OPTA hosts four student essay contests during the year to fund trips for deserving students to attend APTA national events. See the Student Essay Contest Instructions and click links below for more information:
- 2014 State Policy & Payment Forum - Deadline: June 27
- 2014 National Student Conclave - Nominations from faculty due August 28
- 2015 Federal Advocacy Forum - TBA
- 2015 House of Delegates - TBA