The Rhetoric Society of America wishes you a Happy New Year!
The Rhetoric Society of America wishes you a Happy New Year! We also have some suggested New Year’s Resolutions for all our members and friends:
- Resolve to attend RSA14 – the 2014 RSA conference will be held in San Antonio, Texas on May 22-26, 2014. In addition to a great location on the city’s famous Riverwalk, the conference will feature a keynote by noted philosopher Linda Alcoff and hundreds of excellent presentations by leading scholars of rhetoric from around the world! Registration deadline: February 1, 2014. For secure online processing, Click HERE!
- Resolve to encourage some of your outstanding undergraduate students to participate in the first RSA Undergraduate Research Workshop to be held during the RSA14 conference. A great opportunity for undergraduates interested in rhetorical studies to receive advice and mentorship from some of the field’s most prominent scholars. Application deadline: January 15, 2014.
- Resolve to submit (or encourage a graduate student you know to submit) for the 2014 Gerard Hauser Research Award – given to the outstanding graduate student paper accepted to RSA14. Submit your final paper to Professor Jennifer Wingard (firstname.lastname@example.org). Submission deadline: January 15, 2014.
- Resolve to apply for the RSA Seminar in cooperation with ISHR. This year’s seminar will focus on “Lysias and Logography” and be led by Professor Mike Edwards from Roehampton University (UK). Application deadline: January 29, 2014.
- Resolve to apply for the 2014 RSA Career Retreat for Associate Professors. A wonderful RSA tradition designed to support members as they pursue advancement and promotion to full professor. Application deadline: February 15, 2014.
- Resolve to book you room at the San Antonio Marriott Rivercenter,. RSA has secured some great rates for rooms at the conference hotel but they are going fast. Be sure to take advantage of this great rate (and support RSA) by booking at the Marriott. Registration deadline: May 1, 2014 (or until all rooms are booked).
I look forward to seeing you all in San Antonio in May.
< Back | Printer Friendly Page