Search for the next RSA Executive Director begins
Search for the next RSA Executive Director begins. Please review the information below for details on the position.
Job Description: Executive Director
In consultation with the elected President and assisted by the contracted administrator (KOC Member Services—Kathie Cesa, CAE), the Executive Director manages administrative as well as financial and legal operations of RSA and advises the Officers and Board. The ED is a non-voting member of the Board of Directors and—with the President, Immediate Past President, and President-Elect—sits as a member of its Executive Committee. The ED is appointed to a four-year term, renewable. Travel expenses and modest stipend are negotiable.
1. Oversees event arrangements
- Coordinates site selection processes for conferences and institutes with Executive Committee, site selection committees, and contracted event planners.
- Assists event organizers in managing and implementing budgets.
- Assists President in planning and arrangements for RSA Board meetings
2. Oversees official RSA communications
- Develops strategic planning regarding communications with Executive Committee and Director of Electronic Services.
- Approves website content.
- Approves e-bulletins
- Coordinates with communication software provider via KOC.
3. Represents RSA to ACLS as a member of the Council of Administrative Officers (CAO)
- Attends general ACLS meetings each May.
- Attends CAO meetings each October.
Financial & Legal
1. Responsible for all RSA financial resources and accounts
- Oversees RSA income and payouts as implemented and recorded by KOC.
- Prepares budget reports for Board meetingsPrepares proposed budgets in collaboration with the President
- Oversees annual IRS reporting as implemented by KOC.Oversees investment and development initiatives of RSA.
- Oversees annual audit of RSA financial transactions and status.
2. Responsible for legal action and advice for RSA
- Files annual corporate reports to Illinois where RSA is registered as a corporation via KOC.
- Addresses inquiries to corporate and intellectual property attorneys with whom RSA has established a relationship as needed.
1. Assists the Executive Committee and Board of Directors with financial, operational, and conceptual strategic planning
2. Attends 2 Board meetings per year.
1. Send current cv and letter of application to: Greg Clark at firstname.lastname@example.org.
2. Review of applications will begin March 1 and continue until position is filled.
< Back | Printer Friendly Page