January 16, 2014
SOS Public Policy Ministry Gathering-Dayton Conference
Good Shepherd Lutheran Church located at 901 Stroop Rd. Kettering, OH
The Southern Ohio Synod has recently started a new Public Policy Ministry … The Southern Ohio Synod Public Policy Task Force. Nick Bates is the Chairperson. Nick will be with the Dayton Conference on Thursday, January 16th, from 10:00 am to noon. Nick has been approved for diaconal ministry and is awaiting call. He also works professionally in public policy with One Ohio Now. Below is the agenda.
If you are interested in Faith-Based advocacy this is a wonderful opportunity to learn more. This conference event will be held at Good Shepherd Lutheran Church located at 901 Stroop Rd. Kettering, OH 45429-4688. Anyone from the SOS, lay and clergy, are invited to attend. If you have questions you can contact Pastor Monte Stevens who is on the Task Force 937-275-5750.
- Opening Prayer and Introductions
- Guided Discussion: What is Advocacy and Public Policy Ministries
- Our Christian Call to Advocacy and Ministries of Public Policy
- Current efforts in Ohio: Major issues being discussed at the statehouse, ecumenical advocacy efforts, & the ELCA advocacy office
- Open Discussion Big Question: How do you feel the Spirit is guiding the ELCA in Ohio, your congregation, and yourself to engage in public policy ministries.
- Closing Prayer and list follow-ups.
- See more at: http://associationdatabase.com/aws/SOS/pt/sd/news_article/83960/_PARENT/layout_details/false#sthash.ZsBpYFsS.dpuf
< Back | Printer Friendly Page | Add to my Outlook® Calendar