Wonder How the Mayo Clinic Health Assessment Benefits You? Read This Story and Wonder No More!
ELCA-Primary plan members and spouses can each earn $500 in credit in a personal wellness account (legally a Health Reimbursement Arrangement).
What You Should Know
When you learn about and tend to your health, you earn personal wellness account credits that can help you pay for eligible medical expenses:
- Out-of-pocket costs
- Drug copayments
- Glasses or contacts
- Certain over-the-counter supplies
- Certain over-the counter drugs with a doctor's prescription
How to earn personal wellness account credits:
- The first step is to take the health assessment on the Mayo Clinic EmbodyHealth web portal which earns you a $150 credit.
- Then earn additional $350 in credits when you pursue follow-up activities including:
- New Portico wellness activity, 30-A-Day
- Other self-reported activities
- EmbodyHealth programs — My Fitness Solution, My Weight Solution
You can view your personal wellness account balance at bluecrossmn.com/elca. And remember that your personal wellness account balance carries over year to year and is available to you if you leave ELCA employment.
In addition, your participation in the Mayo Clinic Health Assessment (which is totally confidential, by the way) moves our synod one step closer to reaching our 65% participation goal, which earns all congregations participating in the ELCA health plan a 2% reduction in contributions. As a synod, we stand to save $33,000 in employer healthcare contributions, which puts money back into your congregations budget for mission and ministry!