'Go Live' Date for New ELCA Candidacy and Call Process AND Ministry Site Profile Online Forms is June 30
The following letter was sent to all rostered leaders in the ELCA. It is provided below in case you missed it.
Dear Rostered Leaders,
Grace and peace to you in this season of Pentecost. May the Spirit continue to strengthen you every day to be a bold proclaimer of the gospel. Thank you for your faithful service.
New ELCA forms
I have very good news. The “Go-Live Date” of our new forms for Candidacy and Call Process within the Evangelical Lutheran Church in America (ELCA) is June 30, 2014. These new forms will be web-based, allowing them to interface more seamlessly with all computers, Web browsers and small tablets.
If you are currently in the process of completing a Rostered Leader Profile or updating one that is in the system, you can continue to use the Formatta form until June 23, 2014. After that date, Formatta will no longer be able to submit your form! This information also applies to congregations that are in the process of completing a Ministry Site Profile. These deadlines will give us a week to complete the transition from Formatta and to move the data from all Formatta forms in the mobility database to new forms. After June 30 we encourage rostered leaders and congregations to access the new form and verify that it reads correctly.
As you review your new forms, or if you experience any difficulty with them, please feel free to discuss your questions or concerns with the Call Process Administrator in your synod office. This person can answer any questions that you might have about these changes and how they will affect you.
During this time of transition over the next month I encourage you to go to www.ELCA.org/call for any updates or new information.
The new ELCA Community
And here’s more good news. You can use ELCA Community to update your personal information and interests, to complete or update your mobility information, to donate, to register for events and more. Your access to ELCA Community is through a personal account. Some of you already have established an account on ELCA Community so the information below will be familiar to you. For others this will be new. You can access your account by following these directions.
- Go to https://community.elca.org/
- Enter your ELCA Community user name and your password.
- If you do not know or remember your password, please follow the instructions below to reset your password.
- Click on "Forgot user name or password?" Enter your email address and click "Submit."
- When you receive this email, click on the "Password" link. This link will expire in 24 hours.
- Enter your new password in the "New Password" and "Confirm New Password" textboxes.
- Click "Submit." You will be re-directed to the login page after the successful reset of your password.
- Enter your ELCA Community user name and your new password.
- Click on "Leader Portal" to access the link to the Mobility Process.
- Click on “My Profile” to update your contact information, including your preferred email address. Your email address used within ELCA Community should be a personal address rather than a public address (e.g., the address of your ministry site).
- If you encounter any problem accessing your account on ELCA Community, please contact Constituent Support at firstname.lastname@example.org. Use "ELCA Community Login" in the subject line of your message.
We are confident that these Web enhancements will add significantly to your experience on ELCA.org. Thank you in advance for your patience during this time of transition and for your partnership in the mission and ministry we share.
God’s grace and peace.
The Rev. Wm Chris Boerger
Office of the Secretary
Evangelical Lutheran Church in America
< Back | Printer Friendly Page