The Leadership Institute’s purpose is to train leaders to grow their congregations spiritually, as nurturing communities, in mission to the world, and numerically through effective parish administration.
The Leadership Institute’s Core Curriculum is for pastors and lay leaders who want to:
- Learn about the organizational components which encourage or inhibit ministry growth
- Expand ministry to both members and the outside community
- Revitalize a congregation that has plateaued
- Reverse numerical decline in their congregation
To participate in the Leadership Institute’s Core Curriculum:
- Pastors and lay leaders need the endorsement of their Church Council.
- They must apply to the Bishop’s Office.
- The Bishop chooses 15 congregations from the applicants to form a Core Curriculum group. (A new Core Curriculum group will be formed every other year.)
To enable all sizes of congregations to be represented in the Institute, the Southern Ohio Synod will pay all presenter’s honorariums, course materials, meals, and lodging of participants. To insure full commitment on the part of participants, a $500 deposit is required for congregations worshiping less than 100 per weekend and a $1,000 deposit from congregations worshiping more than 100 per weekend. Deposits will be returned when a congregation’s pastor has attend all eight sessions and completed all assignments.
The Leadership Institute is made possible by the mission support contributions of our congregations.
For more information, please download the web brochure below: