Programs & Services
10 Reasons Why Suppliers Sell Thru Wholesalers
- Transportation efficiencies. Wholesalers bring in volume shipments from suppliers and efficiently deliver items directly to many different retailers.
- Wholesalers break bulk. Manufacturers focus on quality and efficiency, not small packaging and small shipments. Wholesalers break bulk so retailers get the appropriate quantity.
- Just-in-time inventory. By selling through wholesalers, manufacturers bring their inventory closer to where the product is needed and give retailers more ordering flexibility.
- Consolidated sourcing. With one call to a wholesaler, retailers can access a wide variety of sources, and manufacturers can sell to hundreds of florists.
- Broad-based sourcing. Wholesalers source from around the world to many retailers so manufacturers can sell the "occasional" demand for their product.
- Local market knowledge. Wholesalers link manufacturers with thousands of retailers that the manufacturers wouldn't reach on their own.
- Lines of credit. Attempting to extend long-distance credit would financially expose manufacturers, but wholesalers can extend credit to local retailers.
- Sales staff. Wholesalers introduce new products and recommend existing products, extending the sales reach of many manufacturers.
- Daily contact with customers. Wholesalers are in regular contact with retailers so the manufacturers' products are consistently promoted and easily available.
- Onsite product inspection. Wholesalers allow manufacturers to satisfy, not frustrate, retailers by offering onsite inspection of product.
Top 11 Reasons to Buy from Wholesale Florists
Based on a blind, non-biased national survey of independent retail florists, wholesalers represent the best value for the money - and their value comes in many forms – satisfaction, reliability, accuracy, responsiveness, expertise and much more.
- Overall Satisfaction. Retail florists rated wholesale florists significantly higher in overall satisfaction than farm direct, importers, and wire service floral sources across all florist sales groups and regions of the US.
- Reliability. Wholesale florists perform best. They are dependable. They stand behind their promises. Wholesalers were voted the most reliable source of supply in a nationwide survey of retail florists.
- Accuracy. Wholesale florists provide accurate order fulfillment and on-time delivery.
- Responsiveness. Retail florists ranked wholesalers the highest out of all suppliers when it comes to responsiveness. When you need help your wholesaler is there.
- Expert Knowledge. Wholesalers have knowledge and expertise about the products they sell. Retailers voted them superior in product knowledge against all other cut flower sources.
- Cut-Flower Quality. Wholesalers deliver high quality flowers. Most retail florists ranked the quality of flowers from wholesalers higher than farm direct, importers and wire service programs.
- Relationship. Most retailers have a long-term business relationship with their wholesaler. When you call your wholesaler, they know who you are and what your special needs are.
- Easy to Order. Retail florists ranked wholesalers, by far, the easiest source from which to order product.
- Convenience. Wholesalers are located relatively near their retail customers. The wholesalers' method of delivery is convenient and lead time in ordering product can be short.
- Selection. Wholesalers offer a wide assortment of cut flower varieties and basic everyday floral supplies.
- Cost Effective. Wholesale florists provide cost-effective, store-door delivery in quantities that retailers need and can use without waste.
View all events