Message from Beth -- September 28, 2022
ACEC Ohio's PAC year ends on December 31, 2022, and there's still time to meet your company's PAC goal! The ACEC Ohio PAC has met 56% of our $55,000 goal and 39% of our $55,000 National PAC goal. Thank you to the 45-member companies that have met their 2022 PAC goal!
State lawmakers and regulators make decisions every day that impact how Ohio's engineering companies do business. The ACEC Ohio Political Action Committee exists for the sole purpose of ensuring that the people making these decisions understand the perspective of the owners of private engineering companies. Donations to ACEC Ohio/PAC are used to support the election campaigns of legislators and state officials who recognize and support the interests of our industry.
ACEC Ohio continues to build strong relationships with elected officials that are supportive of our business interests. By developing these relationships, over this year ACEC Ohio has:
- Pushed through both houses legislation to invalidate broad indemnification clauses in public authority contracts (SB 56), the bill in conference committee, should be voted out this fall.
- Supported new water/wastewater funding for Ohio as part of the ARPA funds, continue to push for additional dollars to be put into the Ohio BUILDS program.
- Protecting professional licensure standards and qualifications-based selection in the Ohio Revised Code.
- Supported record capital bill funding for facility funding in Ohio, including dollars for the INTEL development.
- Opposed any reduction in the motor vehicle user fee after advocating to increase the fee in 2019.
The 2022 election is just around the corner, we need to engage elected officials on the importance of our business to society and protect our business from adverse regulation or policy. Part of engaging elective officials in that dialogue is through the active participation of our PAC. Feel free to reach out to me or any of the ACEC Ohio PAC Trustees on questions related to the PAC and your company's goal.
2022 PAC Board of Trustees:
- Jim Kleingers, Chair (The Kleingers Group)
- David Krock, Vice Chair (OHM Advisors)
- Greg Heaton, ACEC National Champion (Crawford Murphy Tilly)
- Nicole Clune (Clune Consulting Services)
- Paul Gluck, (Michael Baker International)
- Marie Keister (Engage Public Affairs)
- Tom Mosure (ms consultants)
- Ram Nunna, (Jacobs)
- Rod Sommer (LJB Inc.)
As always, contact me with any additional questions or concerns,