Message From Beth -- September 20, 2023
ACEC Ohio's PAC year ends on December 31, 2023, and there's still time to meet your company's PAC goal! The ACEC Ohio PAC has met 53% of our $55,000 goal and 39% of our $55,000 National PAC goal. Thank you to the 46-member companies that have met their 2023 PAC goal!
State lawmakers and regulators make decisions every day that impact how Ohio's engineering companies do business. The ACEC Ohio Political Action Committee exists for the sole purpose of ensuring that the people making these decisions understand the perspective of the owners of private engineering companies. Donations to ACEC Ohio/PAC are used to support the election campaigns of legislators and state officials who recognize and support the interests of our industry.
ACEC Ohio continues to build strong relationships with elected officials that are supportive of our business interests. By developing these relationships, over this year ACEC Ohio has:
- Passed legislation (SB 56) to invalidate broad indemnification clauses in public authority contracts. This bill was effective March 14, 2023.
- Monitored and reported all state budget activity including tax changes to members.
- Supported infrastructure funding including an increase in water/wastewater funding as part of the General Revenue Fund bill.
- Supported Transportation funding in the ODOT Budget bill.
- Protecting professional licensure standards and qualifications-based selection in the Ohio Revised Code.
The 2024 election is just around the corner, we need to engage elected officials on the importance of our business to society and protect our business from adverse regulation or policy. Part of engaging elective officials in that dialogue is through the active participation of our PAC. Feel free to reach out to me or any of the ACEC Ohio PAC Trustees on questions related to the PAC and your company's goal.
2023 PAC Board of Trustees:
- Jim Kleingers, Chair (The Kleingers Group)
- David Krock, Vice Chair (OHM Advisors)
- Greg Heaton, ACEC National Champion (Crawford Murphy Tilly)
- Nicole Clune (Clune Consulting Services)
- Paul Gluck, (Michael Baker International)
- Marie Keister (Engage Public Affairs)
- Tom Mosure (ms consultants)
- Ram Nunna, (Jacobs)
- Jake Stremmel (HDR)
As always, contact me with any additional questions or concerns,