Why Select an ADMC
A Destination Management Company (DMC) that is accredited by ADMEI has demonstrated that they meet and adhere to these ADMC standards:
- ADMCs are registered businesses, maintain a proper business license(s) and remain in good standing within the state(s) and or province(s) they operate in.
- ADMCs have been a registered business for a minimum of five (5) years. A minimum of 3 years is allowable if the DMC is owned or has been started as an expansion office by an established ADMC in good standing.
- ADMCs directly provide four (4) of the (5) core DMC services; special events, staffing, tours, transportation coordination and program logistics.
- 80% of ADMCs annual revenue is from destination management services.
- ADMCs maintain a permanent non-residential office and have standard Monday through Friday office hours.
- ADMCs maintain a functional web site and operating e-mail account(s) with a private domain.
- ADMCs maintain a minimum of three (3) full-time employees to cover the areas of sales, operations and administration effectively.
- ADMCs must have a minimum of one (1) Destination Management Certified Professional (DMCP) on staff.
- ADMCs maintain comprehensive insurance, sufficient to protect clients, including a minimum of $1 million General Liability.
- ADMCs are members of their local Convention and Visitor’s Bureau (CVB)/Destination Marketing Organization (DMO), Tourist Bureau and/or local Chamber of Commerce.
- ADMCs operate ethically and in compliance with all applicable laws and regulations.
- ADMCs accurately represent the expertise, experience, credentials and services of their companies and their employees to the public.
- ADMCs recognize the unique goals, objectives and needs of their clients and use their best efforts to meet those needs.
- ADMCs enter into written contracts with each client stating, at a minimum, the services to be provided, fees and billing procedures, and the term and termination aspects of the contracts.
- ADMCs communicate regularly with their clients to ensure that the DMC is providing all contracted services in an effective and efficient manner.
- ADMCs administer written or electronic client satisfaction surveys for programs operated, for quality control. The results of these surveys are reviewed and discussed as part of an ongoing continuous improvement program.
- ADMCs adhere to ADMEI’s Code of Ethical Conduct