CSCA 2023 Convention - Sports Communication Interest Group ... Call for Papers and Panels
SPORTS COMMUNICATION INTEREST GROUP
Call for Submissions
Central States Communication Association (CSCA)
Annual Convention—St. Louis, MO
March 29-April 2, 2023
Intersections, Transitions, and Silenced Voices
The Sports Communication Interest Group invites the submission of competitive papers, panels, roundtable discussions, and innovative programming for the 2023 CSCA convention in St. Louis, MO. The purpose of the Sports Communication Interest Group is to facilitate discussion of topics and in fields related to interaction of communication and sport. The interest group seeks to promote the importance of sport in society, highlighting its place in communication pedagogy and scholarship. A range of topics are welcome, and we especially encourage members to address issues related to the convention theme, Intersections, Transitions, and Silenced Voices. Submissions that foreground the voices of marginalized groups and underrepresented scholars are especially welcomed. Regarding panels, preference will be given to those with panelists representing multiple institutions rather than representing a single institution.
Papers: Only completed papers will be accepted.
- Include a title and a brief abstract (required).
- Graduate students should type “STUDENT” on the upper right-hand corner of the title page.
- If the paper will be a graduate student debut, please type “DEBUT STUDENT” in the upper right-hand corner of the title page.
- To be considered a graduate student debut paper:
- the author must be a graduate student,
- the paper must have single authorship, and
- the paper must be the author’s first paper to be presented at CSCA.
- If you would like your paper to be considered for the Inclusive Scholarship Award, type “INCLUSIVE SCHOLARSHIP” in the upper right-hand corner of the title page.
- To be considered as an exemplar of inclusive scholarship, the paper must demonstrate academic rigor in the examination of communication and historically marginalized communities/populations.
All technology requests must be made at the time of submission.
Submissions must be received by 11:59 PM, CDT, October 7, 2022.
Send submissions electronically through our online system via the CSCA website, www.csca-net.org.
Questions and other communication about the Sports Communication Interest Group may be directed to the Chair and Program Planner, Scott Jensen at firstname.lastname@example.org