CSCA 2023 Convention - Health Communication Interest Group Reminder ... Call for Papers and Panels
Hello Health Comm Friends,
This is a reminder that submissions are due on October 7th for the 2023 CSCA Convention in St. Louis, MO. We welcome submissions on all topics which advance our mission, especially those that address the conference theme, Intersections, Transitions, and Silenced Voices. We strongly encourage submissions that address contemporary health opportunities and threats, invite cross-unit participation and collaboration, and create new opportunities and experiences for conference attendees. We enthusiastically encourage submissions from students and panel submissions that include panelists from multiple institutions. The Health Communication Interest Group offers three awards: top paper, top student paper, and top panel.
Details about the call and guidelines for submissions can be found here: https://www.csca-net.org/aws/CSCA/pt/sd/news_article/449568/_PARENT/layout_details/falseasz
Are you interested in participating in a panel for CSCA 2023? Let's discuss it here! See the list below for some ideas from the business meeting last year:
- Visit local organization (perhaps SLU, St. Jude's Hospital, Kuhlmann Scholars/Research. Debrief discussion afterward - a scheduled session to discuss themes, implications, invite someone from the organization, how we can partner.
- Methodology: health and autoethnography
- Health and humor stand-up panel - we use humor to talk about health
- Health Comm Pedagogy - how we teach it
- How we celebrate 100-year anniversary - the intersection of old versus new - transitioning from where we are and where we are going
- Bringing in practitioners (e.g., nurses, direct support professionals) and discuss how we can translate our research
- Racial and health justice issues considering place (e.g., disparities)
- Groups that are silenced: deaf cultures (local org in STL)
- Transitioning to ableism/ability in classroom - how the space is filled in the classroom (maybe co-host with social justice?)
- Petting Zoo with local humane society
- Mental health
Join our group on Facebook CSCA Health Communication Interest Group to join the conversation on these panel ideas – and more!
If you have questions, please contact me. I look forward to your submissions this year!
Dee Priddis, Chair, Health Communication Interest Group
Program Planner for 2023 Conference