I hope that everyone is having a wonderful spring semester! The weather is pretty crazy in southern Indiana, but I’m surviving. Anyway, this is just a reminder that we are now just a few months away from CSCA 2013 in Kansas City (April 2-7). As such, I’d like to call attention to a few points of business:
1. If you are presenting a paper sponsored by the Rhetorical Theory and Criticism Interest Group, please email your latest draft to your respondent by March 15th at the very latest. Please give respondents at least two weeks with your work.
2. For those of you who submitted a panel, please forward this information to your panel participants. We don’t want folks to forget about CSCA!
3. If you have not done so already, save yourself some money and pre-register online ASAP. This can be done online: http://www.csca-net.org/aws/CSCA/pt/sp/home_page
4. Please make sure to double check when you will be presenting, chairing, and/or responding. If you like, access the conference program: http://www.csca-net.org/aws/CSCA/pt/sp/conventionprogram.
5. The Rhetorical Theory and Criticism Interest Group has put together an awesome program this year. Please try to attend as many panels as possible. Also, don’t forget to schedule time to attend our Business Meeting on Friday, April 5th from 2:30-3:45. We will be presenting two top paper awards (the Karlyn Kohrs Campbell Award for Top Paper and the David Zarefsky Award for Top Student Paper) and electing a new officer.
As always, let me know if you have any questions or concerns. Thanks so much!
Dr. Stephanie L. Young
CSCA 2013 Program Planner, Rhetorical Theory and Criticism IG
Assistant Professor in Communication Studies
University of Southern Indiana
Liberal Arts Building, Room 3095
8600 University Blvd.
Evansville, IN 47712