ECA - 2013 Convention - Final Call for Submissions - Instructional Communication IG
CALL FOR PAPERS
INSTRUCTIONAL COMMUNICATION INTEREST GROUP
Eastern Communication Association 104th Annual ECA Convention
April 24-28, 2013
Omni William Penn Hotel, Pittsburgh, PA
The Instructional Communication Interest Group is requesting paper and panel submissions for the 104th Annual ECA Convention in Pittsburgh, PA. The convention theme, Confluence, is exemplified by the long tradition of communication research bringing together ideas from various perspectives of communicator, message, channel, and context to better understand how humans create meaning and relationships.Particularly, the interest group seeks submissions that explore convergence in the instructional communication context, addressing both teaching and research. Papers and panel/program proposals must be submitted electronically by Monday, October 15, 2012. Please send all submissions via email to Nicole Blau at email@example.com.
Submission Guidelines for Completed Papers
Please submit completed manuscripts in two separate MS Word files (.doc, docx, or .rtf are all acceptable). Papers should be written in accordance with APA 6th edition.
1. The first file should include a title page with the name(s) and contact information of the author(s). Include affiliation, mailing address, email address, and phone number for each author on the title page. Place an asterisk by the name of the presenting author (if manuscript is multi-authored). Papers authored by individuals who have not previously presented at a regional or national convention should be clearly marked as “Debut.”
2. The second file should include a one-page abstract and statement of professional responsibility (see below), followed by the text of the manuscript. Please remove ALL identifying information from this file.
When emailing a submission, indicate “ECA 2013 submission” and the title of the paper in the subject line of the message.
In the body of the email include any requests for presentational aids (e.g., projectors, video monitors, DVD players, etc.). Although presentational equipment is available, it is very expensive to rent. Please be judicious when requesting equipment and look for ways to structure the presentation without the use of technological aids. For additional information about equipment requests, please visit ECA Technology Policy Submission Guidelines for Panel/Program Proposals
Please submit panel/program proposals is one MS Word file (.doc, .docx, or .rtf are all acceptable). Proposals should be submitted according to APA 6th edition.
Include the following seven items in all panel/program submissions:
- a thematic title for program
- names of chair and respondent
- names, institutional affiliations, mailing addresses, email addresses, and phone numbers for all participants
- titles and abstracts for each participant’s paper/presentation
- panel/program description (no more than a 75-word description) as it should appear in the final program
- a detailed rationale for panel/program
- statement of professional responsibility (see below).
When emailing a submission, please indicate “ECA 2013 submission” and the title of the panel/program in the subject line of the message.
In the body of the email include any requests for presentational aids (e.g., projectors, video monitors, DVD players, etc.). Although presentational equipment is available, it is very expensive to rent. Please be judicious when requesting equipment and look for ways to structure the presentation without the use of technological aids. For additional information about equipment requests, please visit ECA Technology Policy.
All submissions should include the following statement of professional responsibility:
In submitting the attached paper/panel, I/We recognize that this submission is considered a professional responsibility. I/We agree to present this paper/panel if it is accepted and programmed. I/We further recognize that all who attend and present at ECA’s annual meeting must register and pay required fees.
For additional information about the upcoming convention, please visit ECA’s website http://www.ecasite.org/. All questions or concerns related to the Instructional Communication Interest Group can be directed to:
Nicole Blau, Department of Communication Studies, Ohio University Lancaster, 529 Brasee Hall, Lancaster, OH 43130, firstname.lastname@example.org, Ph: (740)654-6711Ext: 601/Fax: (740)687-9497.
Papers or proposals addressing the convention theme yet not directly related to instructional communication may be forwarded ECA First Vice President DanetteIfert Johnson (email@example.com).