Advantages of Membership
The Electrical Contractors’ Association of City of Chicago (ECA) is a construction trade association that provides business and labor relations services to nearly 700 electrical contractors in Cook County, Illinois. ECA is also known as the Chicago and Cook County Chapter of the National Electrical Contractors Association (NECA). The Association works with its industry partner, Local Union #134, IBEW to negotiate and administer labor agreements, coordinate apprentice and journey level training, as well as promote the industry on behalf of these employers. Since 1903, ECA continues to offer educational opportunities and business services to not only assist the electrical contractor by improving the business climate and bringing increased profitability, but to enrich future generations, as well. Currently, the Association has nearly 80 member firms. The following points will briefly explain the advantages and services that the Association can provide which can save your firm much more than the cost of membership.
- Labor Relations: Collective Bargaining / Grievance representation
- Membership in the National Electrical Contractors’ Association and access to numerous opportunities for educational programming, value-added programs;
- Your company listed on-line at ECACHICAGO.COM, NECANET.ORG, and POWERINGCHICAGO.COM websites;
- Work with Equifax / Talx – representation should your firm need to contest unemployment compensation claim(s) in Illinois;
- Affiliation with numerous industry groups working to monitor legislation, business issues of concern for electrical contractors;
- Monthly on-line newsletter, “LiveWire,” periodic industry updates;
- Premier educational programming: Electrical Project Supervision, Basic and Advanced Electrical Estimating, Code Review, Safety – OSHA updates, financial and insurance concerns, among others.
- Committees ranging from collective bargaining to Electrical Code issues, liaison work with public utilities and other industry associations, business and educational efforts with the NECA Student Chapter affiliated with the Illinois Institute of Technology.
- NECA National Convention & Trade Show, NECA Regional meetings;
- Employee Assistance Program (EAP) for non-bargaining unit employees;
- Membership Meetings, special networking events; and more.
Becoming a member gives the company access to all the resources provided by the Association which are intended to help you make informed decisions to run your business in a more profitable way. We hope that you will make the investment in the industry and join our Association.
To meet with a member of our team to learn more about ECA, please contact us:
Electrical Contractors' Association of City of Chicago, Inc.
(708) 531-0022 / Email us