FPA of Central Ohio has provided scholarships since 2000 in order to grant scholarships to students preparing for careers in the field of financial planning.
1. Financial Planning Association of Central Ohio Scholarship Fund:
- Online FPA Central Ohio Scholarship Application
- FPA Central Ohio Scholarship Fund Donation Information
Scholarships are awarded annually to college and university students and/or prospective CFP®
candidates, based primarily on merit. Below are eligibility requirements and an overview of the
A student applicant must meet the following minimum criteria to be eligible for a scholarship:
• Enrolled at a not-for-profit college or university.
• Classified by the school as at least half-time based on credit hours taken.
• Expected to remain enrolled and at least half-time for the entire 2020-2021 academic
year, or until graduation if expected to graduate early in the 2020-2021 academic year.
• Majoring, minoring or maintaining a focus in a discipline which could reasonably be
expected to translate to a career in financial services and/or financial planning.
• Carrying a current GPA of at least 3.0.
A financial professional applicant (non-student) must meet three criteria to be eligible:
• Either currently enrolled in an accredited CFP® certification education program or will
enroll in one immediately upon awarding of a scholarship.
• Unable to receive any reimbursement for expenses related to earning CFP® certification.
• Expected to complete CFP® education and exam requirements within 18 months.
Applications must be submitted by March 31, 2020 to be considered.
Up to three $1,000 scholarships will be award