Employer of Choice
What is the Employer of Choice?
The LeadingAge Ohio Employer of Choice initiative:
- Establishes the operational standards for strengthening workforce practices among aging services employers
- Creates criteria/thresholds by which to evaluate the standards
- Provides a public recognition of this excellence so that residents, clients/customers, prospective employees, payors and other stakeholders can be aware.
Through this instrument, LeadingAge Ohio members demonstrate that they strive not just to be residences/providers of choice, but they seek to be employers of choice as well. They acknowledge the importance of treating their employees – those that serve their residents/clients – with the same care they wish these employees to provide.
Requirements for Eligibility and Criteria
Before beginning the application process, please note there are several minimum requirements an Employer of Choice must meet:
- In order to apply for this designation, if a nursing facility or home health organization, the facility must be a 3-Star or above (as of the most recent published rating)[see page 4 of application for additional information]; and
- For newly opened communities, an occupancy rate of 80% or better for at least one year as of the date of application; and
- If an organization has less than the appropriate benchmark median number of Days Cash on Hand or Current Ratio, additional supporting materials will be requested in order to validate financial viability [see page 6 of application for additional information]. Additional supporting materials should be submitted in advance of completion of the application.
The Employer of Choice designation is applicable to individual communities/locations, that is, it is not applicable to a multi-site. Note, however, that exceptions to this requirement may be granted on a case-by-case basis to multi-site organizations that centralize their human resource functions.
Application Process and Due Date
June 1, 2017: Applications due (Note: Deadline has been extended until mid June)
August 2017: Applying organization will be notified of its award
September 2017: Employer of Choice designees will be announced at the LeadingAge Ohio Annual Conference and Trade Show
**NOTE: Designation will be granted for the remainder of the current calendar year and through the next (that is, a designation granted in September, 2017 will expire in December, 2018).
Questions about the application process should be directed to Kathryn Brod, President/CEO of LeadingAge Ohio; email@example.com; 614-545-9014.