LeadingAge Ohio Foundation Scholarship Program
The LeadingAge Ohio Foundation is a not-for-profit subsidiary of LeadingAge Ohio. One of the Foundation's workforce efforts is its support of member employees through a scholarship program designed to help individuals further their careers within senior services.
Application submissions for the 2022 scholarship program are now open.
For 2022, the Foundation Board has allocated funds to support the Clark R. Law Executive Management Scholarship, which provides assistance for administrators-in-training (AITs) or others furthering their career in senior services management. The LeadingAge Ohio Foundation is funding $2500 per award for Clark R. Law scholarship awards in 2022
If you have questions or inquiries regarding the scholarship program, please contact Patrick Schwartz at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Clark R. Law Executive Management Scholarship Information
Who is eligible?
The executive management scholarship program will accept applications for executive-level courses designed for AITs or others furthering their career in senior services management.
Eligible programs include but are not limited to:
- The Core of Knowledge
- LeadingAge Ohio and LeadingAge programs
- Certification programs
The Scholarship Selection Committee will utilize the following criteria in choosing scholarship recipients:
- Education requested matches organizational advancement
- Completeness and timeliness of application
- Professional presentation of application, including requested narrative of program and how education will benefit self and organization
- Quality/content of recommendations
- Education/involvement/experience in LeadingAge Ohio, LeadingAge, or other senior or community service groups
How to Apply
Application submissions are now open. The application portal can be accessed here. The application period ends on May 1, 2022.
Once an application has been started, applicants will not be allowed to save a section of the application and complete at a later time. Therefore, applicants are encouraged to have the required information drafted prior to beginning the online application. (Please see the required information section below for more information.)
Note These Helpful Suggestions And Guidelines In Applying For A Scholarship:
- To ensure the selection committee can fully review the application, please type and complete the form electronically.
- All applications must include requested documentation, information and signatures. It is suggested that each attachment be labeled, e.g. “Step 5: Financial Information”; “Step 6: Letter of Recommendation”.
A signed letter of recommendation from an immediate supervisor or department head which also includes signature of President/CEO or Executive Director must also accompany the application. The letter should highlight the applicant’s achievements, personal and professional growth during employment and how the educational program will benefit the applicant and organization.
Please review the application carefully to ensure that it has been completed fully, including appropriate signatures, documentation, and letter of recommendation.
The LeadingAge Ohio Foundation is supported by the contributions of members who share the vision to help employees grow within the senior services profession. If you have questions or inquiries regarding the scholarship program, please contact Patrick Schwartz at email@example.com.
None at this time.
Recognition & Awards
Susan Wallace, MSW, LSW
President / CEO
- Staff oversight, fiscal & operations of organization
- Primary contact for policy priority development & advocacy
- Staff liaison to Advocacy Committee, Nursing Facility/Assisted Living Reimbursement, Billing/eligibility and Clinical/ Operations Subcommittees
"To me this scholarship is a benchmark of my accomplishments as a nurse and student, and has been a huge help toward my goal of becoming a better nurse for myself, my family and my patients."
~ Kira Pilar, LPN/Charge Nurse- Regina Health Center, Richfield, Ohio