The LeadingAge Ohio Foundation is a not-for-profit subsidiary of LeadingAge Ohio and supports member employees through a scholarship program helping individuals to further their careers within senior services.
Application submissions for the 2021 scholarship program are open.
Deadline to submit extended to April 15, 2021.
For 2021, the Foundation Board has allocated funds to support the General Scholarship Fund. The Clark R. Law Executive Management Scholarship which provides assistance for administrators-in-training or others furthering their career in senior services management is on hold for 2021.
The Aging Services General Scholarship is awarded for up to $1,500 for an individual desiring to advance their careers in aging services fields, including nursing (i.e., those wishing to move from STNA to LPN, or LPN to RN, etc.); and, dietary, activities, maintenance, therapy and other professional lines
If you have questions or inquiries regarding the 2021 scholarship program, please contact Kathryn Brod at email@example.com or call 614-545-9014.
2021 Scholarship Information
Who is eligible?
Eligible applicants must:
- Work for a LeadingAge Ohio member organization having completed at least one year of continuous employment
- Commit to a minimum of one additional year of employment with the nominating employer
- Pursue higher education related to the areas of service provided by LeadingAge Ohio members
- Have approval from his/her supervisor
Eligible programs include:
- Accredited colleges/universities
- LeadingAge Ohio and LeadingAge programs
- Certification programs
The executive management scholarship program will accept applications for executive-level courses not related to a degree. All awards go to the institution of higher learning or the individual upon proof of enrollment.
The Scholarship Selection Committee will utilize the following criteria in choosing Scholarship recipients:
- Education requested matches organizational advancement
- Tenure with the organization
- Completeness and timeliness of application
- Professional presentation of application, including requested narrative of program and how education will benefit self and organization
- Quality/content of recommendations
- Education/involvement/experience in LeadingAge Ohio, LeadingAge, other senior or community service groups
- Any financial support along with an explanation of how educational funding will be paid
- Identify any efforts to find additional funding within and outside of the organization
How to Apply
Application submissions for the 2021 scholarship program are open and deadline has been extended to April 15, 2021.
Click the link below to complete the scholarship application. Please note that once the application has been started, applicants will not be allowed to save a section of the application and complete at a later time. Therefore, applicants are encouraged to have the required information drafted prior to beginning the online application. (Please see the required information section below for more information.)
Note These Helpful Suggestions And Guidelines In Applying For A Scholarship:
- Presentation is important in reviewing applications; to ensure the selection committee can fully review the application, please type and complete the form electronically.
- All applications must include requested documentation, information and signatures. It is suggested that each attachment be labeled, e.g. “Step 5: Financial Information”; “Step 6: Letter of Recommendation”
Letter of Recommendation: A signed letter of recommendation from an immediate supervisor or department head which also includes signature of President/CEO or Executive Director must also accompany the application. The letter should highlight the applicant’s achievements, personal and professional growth during employment and how the educational program will benefit the applicant and organization.
Please review the application carefully to ensure that it has been completed fully, including appropriate signatures, documentation, and letter of recommendation.
For general inquiries or assistance with scholarships, please contact Kathryn Brod at 614-545-9014 or firstname.lastname@example.org
The LeadingAge Ohio Foundation is supported by the contributions of members who share the vision to help employees grow within the senior services profession.
None at this time.
Recognition & Awards
Kathryn Brod, MBA
- Is the association's primary spokesperson
- Oversees staff and daily operations
- Promotes LeadingAge Ohio's position and public policy goals to elected officials; staff liaison to Advocacy Committee
- Responsible for implementing LeadingAge Ohio's strategic direction
- Works with LeadingAge Ohio Board of Directors
- Staff liaison to Human Resources Committee
"To me this scholarship is a benchmark of my accomplishments as a nurse and student, and has been a huge help toward my goal of becoming a better nurse for myself, my family and my patients."
~ Kira Pilar, LPN/Charge Nurse- Regina Health Center, Richfield, Ohio