- Primarily responsible for processing orders received. This position requires good customer service skills and hose/hydraulic product knowledge.
- Receives requests for quotations, order and lead times from business and industrial establishments or individuals. Provides excellent customer service to all customers including assessing customer needs and processing orders, reviewing inventory availability and ensuring customer satisfaction. Coordinates with other departments in handling purchase orders, and providing value added services to customers.
- Assist customers with needed parts, interacting extensively to clarify their needs, research and recommend parts, provide quotes and take orders.
- Assists customers and outside sales representatives by responding to the following in a timely manner: requests for quotes, order entries/inquiries, application assistance, product selection and resolving customer issues.
- Assist and work directly with outside sales on potential orders, availability of stock and locating non-stock items.
- Maintain records, reports and notes on daily orders, phone conversations with customers and outside sales.
- Develop, maintain and share product knowledge through training and work with factory representatives, as scheduled.
- Build and maintain customer relationships; provide customer support with technical product information and preparing thorough and accurate quotes, order acknowledgements, samples, etc.
- Will seek and grow opportunities to increase business and account base by qualifying and opening new business accounts utilizing sales techniques
- Miscellaneous tasks as assigned.