Possible titles include: Branch Manager, Operations Manager, VP of Sales, Key Account Administrator, Region Manager, etc.
- Direct the day-to-day operations of the branch; coordinates sales distribution by establishing sales territories, quota and goals; supervises and directs training programs for all staff. Analyzes sales statistics gathered by staff to determine sales potential and inventory requirements and monitor the preferences of customers. Communicates with corporate office to achieve branch’s goals. Has full profit and loss responsibility.
- Plans and develops sales strategies and goals and oversees administrative and operational issues at a branch level.
- Assists with outside/field sales calls including establishing sales quotes and initiative.
- Handles/assists with customer service problems and concerns, including various administrative problems.
- Coordinates training and branch sales meetings.
- Review weekly sales reports to monitor employee sales calls, mileage and expenses.
- Assures that new employees are trained as necessary for tasks to be performed.
- Interprets company policies to employees and enforces safety regulations.
- Stays abreast of changes in working condition or new technology that could increase the safety and efficiency of the branch employees.
- Organizes and maintains an accurate record keeping process for branch operations.
- Develops staff’s skills through training; supervises training initiatives in branch as directed by the corporate office.
- Ensures that all employees provide a level of customer service that routinely exceeds the expectations of the customer.
- Makes recommendations to management concerning staffing decisions and procedural changes.
- Work with all departments involved to facilitate communication and problem resolution to meet deadlines as needed and required to accomplish corporate goals and objectives.
- Provides day-to-day management of the business ensuring operations in accordance with company policies and procedures.
- Promotes adherence to safety policies and procedures.
- Initiates hiring and termination decisions.
- Provides timely and accurate probationary and annual employee reviews.
- Reports to corporate on action items, sales activities, target accounts, personnel issues and reviews and other reports as required.
- Recommends improvement to the systems.
- Maintains strong relationships with suppliers and their representatives.