I just finished the course, now what?
Congratulations on completing the Facilitating Career Development course! You now have the skills and tools that you will need to be successful in providing career development services to others. You may want to consider applying for the Global Career Development Facilitator (GCDF) Credential from the Center for Credentialing and Education. The GCDF credential recognizes the education and experience of those working in career fields. Candidates must have successfully completed an approved training program and meet specific education and experience requirements.
Education and work experience requirements are indicated below:
- Graduate degree plus an estimated one year of career development work experience;
- Bachelor's degree plus an estimated two years of career development work experience;
- Two years of college plus an estimated three years of career development work experience; or
- A high school diploma/GED plus an estimated four years of career development work experience.
Benefits of the GCDF credential include:
- A national/portable credential
- A marketable certification
- Professional recognition
- Clarification of scope and practice
For more information on the GCDF credential, please visit the Center for Credentialing and Education website.