- Career Development Quarterly, NCDA's journal is the premier career counseling journal, presenting the latest information in career development research and career counseling practice. Members receive electronic access to the CDQ.
- Career Developments, the NCDA magazine, is a themed publication offering articles that balance a broad vision with practical applications. Published four times per year, each issue offers a focused article on a select theme, a feature article on a prominent NCDA event, specific content for five departments, and four regular columns. Only members receive this print magazine in the mail each quarter.
- Career Convergence, NCDA's web magazine offers new articles each month for career development practitioners working in a variety of work settings. This is emailed to members on the first day of each month. Members are invited to submit articles and can receive CEUs when published.
- The Career Resource Store offers career development publications that are available to members at discounted prices.
- A Comprehensive Guide to Career Assessment online companion is offered to members as an annual subscription. This quintessential resource (released as the 7th edition of the book formerly titled A Counselor's Guide to Career Assessment) offers 14 chapters and a growing number of assessment reviews. It is the online complement to the print book (which has 6 foundational chapters and 27 reviews) and is also available to members at a discounted price.
- Global Career Development Conference provides expert keynoters, skilled presenters, CE-approved program sessions, and opportunities for networking with many career professionals. Members receive discounts on registration fees, access to select session video recordings, and occasional scholarships.
- Professional Development Institutes provide opportunities for continuing education at the annual conference and occasionally at state and regional locations (such as the Career Practitioner Institutes). Members receive discounts on registration. Other Professional Development opportunities are listed on the website, including the exclusive Leadership Academy and online Job listings (for members only).
- Professional Credentials that are built upon rigorous quality standards, scope of practice and ethical guidelines. NCDA credentials show validity of your competency in the field. If you are a member and credential holder, you are eligible for an exclusive web listing on the NCDA website to let others know that you provide help to those with career needs.
- Liability Insurance may be available to NCDA members, with specific qualifications, through the ACA Insurance HPSO. Call 800-347-6647 for more information.
- Networking Opportunities are endless with thousands of career development professionals who are members of state divisions and NCDA. Members can access a Directory under Members Only Resources (after logging in). Members may also use the Questions and Comments form (under Members Only Resources) to discuss career-related issues of interest.
- Professional Recognition can be achieved by holding an NCDA Credential, contributing to a publication, presenting at a conference, or serving on a committee. Members are also eligible for annual NCDA Awards.
- Sample Forms is an online repository of documents for members to review and reference when developing professional forms for use in all career development settings.
- Committee Work supports much of NCDA and contributes to the field. For example, the Multicultural Career Resource List (generated by the Committee on Diversity Initiatives and Cultural Inclusion) aids practitioners, researchers, authors, and those seeking credentials.
- Bibliography of Military Career Transition Research, 2000-present. The Veterans Committee (Research Sub-Committee) created this pdf. The Table of Contents includes a wide variety of demographics: female, LGB, ex-offenders, and more. Theory Applications, employment, and students are some of the topics covered. It is available to members upon Login, under Members Only Resources.
- Resources for Partnering With International Students. Developed by the NCDA International Student Taskforce, this pdf includes resources for career counseling and career services professionals to support career development of International students, specifically focused on students within the college/university setting. Resources explore multicultural counseling competencies, programming and career services development, assessment implications, and employment search. Also included is a list of self-guided websites and books to provide directly to the International student. It is available to members upon Login, under Members Only Resources.
- The NCDA Research Grant Recipients Report includes the name of the researcher who received the award in the past, the title and description and where possible, a link to the research itself. Typical awards average $300-500. This report reveals important data on how NCDA has invested in career research and may help the board consider where and how to invest to further NCDA's mission. The Research Committee collaborates with the Awards Committee in selecting the grant winners.
Partnerships: The National Career Development Association collaborates with a number of other career-related organizations and professional associations. The most recent work has been done with the following organizations.
- Automation Federation – NCDA sits on their member board and helps disseminate information about careers in automation.
- Coalition for Career Development – NCDA has a representative to their Advisory Council to help promote career readiness as a priority in American Education. NCDA developed the School Career Development Advisor Training Program to support the work of the Coalition.
- Center for Postsecondary Readiness and Success – NCDA is an organizational member to support the Centers mission to increase equitable and accessible pathways to postsecondary success for all people.
- Council for the Advancement of Standards in Higher Education (CAS) – NCDA is an organizational member and supports the career development standards in higher education.
- People Achievement Consulting (PAC) – NCDA licenses its Facilitating Career Development Facilitator Training Program and its Certified Career Service Provider Credential to PAC for work being done in China. Since 2010, PAC and NCDA have worked collaboratively to expand the training and credentialing in many Asian Countries.
- International Association for Educational and Vocational Guidance (IAEVG) shares the news with member organizations (including NCDA) regarding upcoming conferences and new journals. (See About NCDA: Global Connections.)
- NCDA members may receive discounts on conference rates from such events as Cannexus as well as webinars in partnership with CERIC.
- Watch your email or the website for additional partnership benefits.
If your organization would like to make a partnership offer to NCDA or its members, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org
Keep your Membership benefits coming -- we need your current email address to send you the web magazine and monthly announcements-- give NCDA your updated contact information. Your membership profile can be updated when you Login.