Career Development Facilitator
Find an Instructor
View complete calendar
February 24 - June 15, 2017
Orange County, CA
February 24 - June 14, 2017
February 25 - May 20, 2017
GCDF competencies addressed by the NCDA Career Development Facilitator Curriculum:
- Helping Skills - Be proficient in the basic career facilitating process while including productive interpersonal relationships.
- Labor Market Information and Resources - Understand labor market and occupational information and trends. Be able to use current resources.
- Assessment - Comprehend and use (under supervision) both formal and
informal career development assessments with emphasis on relating
appropriate ones to the population served.
- Diverse Populations - Recognize special needs of various groups and adapt services to meet their needs.
- Ethical and Legal Issues - Follow the NCDA Code of Ethics and the GCDF Code of Ethics and know current legislative regulations.
- Career Development Models - Understand career development theories, models, and techniques as they apply to lifelong development, gender, age, and ethnic background.
- Employability Skills - Know job search strategies and placement techniques, especially in working with specific groups.
- Training Clients and Peers - Prepare and develop materials for training programs and presentations.
- Program Management/Implementation - Understand career development programs and their implementation, and work as a liaison in collaborative relationships.
- Promotion and Public Relations - Market and promote career development programs with staff and supervisors.
- Technology - Comprehend and use career development computer applications.
- Consultation - Accept suggestions for performance improvement from consultants or supervisors.