Reimbursement Seminar - February 19 - Register Today!
OAPA Reimbursement Seminar
Please Forward to Your Billing Personnel!
Reimbursement and Utilization of Physician Assistants in Hospital and Outpatient (private) Settings:
A seminar explaining ways to maximize the reimbursement and utilization of PAs in practice.
Friday, February 19, 2016
8:00 AM - Registration
8:30 AM - 12:45 PM Sessions
All participants will learn about:
- Reimbursement rules related to Medicare, Medicaid and private third party payers
- Update on new laws governing PAs
- Credentialing and privileging
- Joint Commission requirements
- Medicare's condition of participation regulations
- The training, certification, licensing and privileging for PAs
- Measures necessary before a PA begins practice
- Four areas of utilization of PAs in your system
- Reporting structures of the PA to physicians and administrators
Hospital administrators will learn to understand and develop the productivity expectations and metrics by which the value of PAs is assessed within the institutions and learn the answers to FAQs:
- What is shared billing and what are the regulatory requirements imposed by Medicare?
- When is it appropriate to bill "incident to"?
- Are PAs able to bill high level CPT evaluation and management codes? What about consultations?
- How will PAs fit into fee-for-value reimbursement systems such as bundled and episodic payment models?
- What are the key risk areas for allegations of fraud and abuse?
Speakers: Michael Powe from AAPA and Josanne Pagel, PA-C from the Cleveland Clinic.
We encourage you to send the billing personnel from your practice.
This program has been reviewed and is approved for a maximum of 4.00 hours of AAPA Category 1 CME credit by the Physician Assistant Review Panel. Physician assistants should claim only those hours actually spent participating in the CME activity.
This program was planned in accordance with AAPA's CME Standards for Live Programs and for Commercial Support of Live Programs.
This program has been approved and meets AAPC guidelines for 4.0 Core A continuing education units.
Registration in $85 per person.
The hotel is located at 5100 Upper Metro Place, Dublin, OH. 614/790-9000. Hotel Website