State Budget Expands Medicaid Eligibility
Ohio's biennial budget for state fiscal year 2008-2009 contains positive changes for Ohioans who lack health insurance coverage by expanding Medicaid coverage eligibility to the following groups:
1. Working adults with disabilities, who may buy into Medicaid coverage;
2. Pregnant women with incomes up to 200% of the Federal Poverty Level;
3. Uninsured children from families up to 300% of poverty;
4. Uninsurable children from above 300% of poverty; and
5. Young adults age 19-20 who have been in foster care.
In addition to these expansions of covered groups, Medicaid coverage for dental, independent psychologist and chiropractic services have been restored for adults. These eligibility expansions and changes will become effective January 1, 2008.