The Organization for Research on Women and Communication (ORWAC) promotes feminist dialogue, discussion, research, and scholarship concerned with gender, oppression, and social change. ORWAC seeks to advance understandings of the intersections of gender and race, ethnicity, nationality, ability, sexuality, and class, including transgender politics, masculinity, dis/ability, labor, transnationalism, postcolonialism, and critical race theory.
ORWAC is a Western States Communication Association (WSCA) affiliate, sponsors programs at the WSCA convention, and publishes a journal: Women’s Studies in Communication.
- A subscription to Women’s Studies in Communication
- Receipt of a biannual newsletter
- A voice in managing the business affairs of ORWAC
- Possible financial support for WSCA convention programs involving guest speakers
- An invitation to the annual ORWAC reception at the WSCA convention