About Optus Bank:
Optus Bank is a fast-growing unique financial institution focused on creating wealth building opportunities for people and places historically underserved by traditional banks while also providing competitive and complementary banking services to all people in South Carolina and beyond. Optus Bank believes that banking services should be a powerful tool for wealth building opportunities for all people, regardless of their socioeconomic status. To realize that vision, Optus Bank is expanding into new markets and new lines of business and growing its team with people that share its values and entrepreneurial spirit. We have raised more than $100 million in growth capital over the past few months and look forward to deploying it for positive impact on our customers, communities, employees and shareholders.
Responsible for the general accounting function including preparing entries, maintaining balance sheet schedules and ledgers and account and bank reconciliations. Assist with monthly closing and account analysis and supporting the accounting manager in carrying out the responsibilities of the accounting department.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Reconcile general ledger accounts
- Maintain accounts receivable, documents bill and supporting documentation
- Update financial records via accounting software
- Analyze financial statements and prepare balance sheets
- Verify financial reports by running performance analysis software program
- Ensure compliance with organizational guidelines and procedures, and federal and state regulations.
- Comply with Generally Accepted Accounting Principles (GAAP) for financial statements.
- May assist in completing bank audits
Requirements and Qualifications
- Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting, Finance, or equivalent work experience
- 3+ years clerical accounting related experience with Community Banks
- Ability to utilize Microsoft Office effectively, especially Microsoft Excel and Word
- Excellent written and verbal skills
- Detailed oriented with ability to multi-task; excellent time management
- Advanced knowledge of Excel and various accounting software programs
- Keen attention to details
- Excellent problem solving
- Ability to maintain confidentiality
To Apply for this position, please go to the link below on Indeed: