About Optus Bank:
Optus Bank is a fast-growing unique financial institution focused on creating wealth building opportunities for people and places historically underserved by traditional banks while also providing competitive and complementary banking services to all people in South Carolina and beyond. Optus Bank believes that banking services should be a powerful tool for wealth building opportunities for all people, regardless of their socioeconomic status. To realize that vision, Optus Bank is expanding into new markets and new lines of business and growing its team with people that share its values and entrepreneurial spirit. We have raised more than $100 million in growth capital over the past few months and look forward to deploying it for positive impact on our customers, communities, employees and shareholders.
The Controller is a leader with responsibilities for several functions but primarily accountable for the bank’s accounting and financial reporting systems, internal controls and compliance with generally accepted accounting principles and all applicable bank regulations.
Essential Job Functions/Duties
- Supports budgeting, audit, accounting and related accounting and finance activities.
- Prepares monthly and quarterly liquidity and ALCO reports.
- Maintains and recommends updates to all bank policies, including liquidity, interest rate risk and concentrations.
- Ensures that the bank complies with all applicable regulations and GAAP.
- Provides routine and non-routine management reports.
- Manages the accounting department, accounts payable, general ledger posting, reconciliations and balancing. Assists the Accounting Manager with GL entries and preparation of financial statements and call reports.
- Monitors cash flow position and the sources and uses of cash. Maintain the integrity of funds, securities and other valuable documents.
- Monitors company liabilities such as legal contracts, statutory & tax obligations, hidden liabilities in the form of contingencies, leases or insurance summaries and expectations from loan covenants.
- Performs other duties as assigned by the Chief Financial Officer
- Minimum 5+ years’ experience in accounting and finance function in a community bank or similar bank related experience as a bank examiner or auditor. Progressive experience in accounting, internal controls, financial reporting, financial budgeting/planning, GAAP principles, and analytical projects
- Exceptional financial competence, strong business acumen, mathematically oriented, critical thinking proficiency, and relevant experience in financial modeling.
- Proficiency with use of PC’s and various financial software.
- High proficiency with Microsoft Office Suite (Excel, Power Point, Outlook, VLOOKUP, Power Query, Power Pivot, Etc.).
- Experience in leading and managing a finance team and providing guidance cross-functionally.
- Outstanding written, communication and presentation skills with the ability to interact with all levels.
- Strong leadership and presence required; must be a team player.
- CPA license preferred
Alignment with Core Values
- Accountability – work hard, smart and own your actions
- Integrity – no compromise of truth
- Kindness, Fairness, Respect - “do unto others as you would have them do unto you”
Job Type: Full-time
To Apply for this position, please go to the link below on Indeed: