Paul Beauregard

Age: 69
Save Date: 5/10/2004
Activity: At work

I work at a funeral home and on May 10, 2004, at approximately 5:00 p.m. I got a call from work asking me to go to a home in Hampstead, New Hampshire to remove the body of a deceased woman. Upon leaving home, I told my wife that I would be back in about an hour and a half, at which time I would take her out to dinner. I went to the funeral home to meet my partner. We both got into the hearse and drove to the home in Hampstead. When we arrived, there were several people waiting for us, including the deceased's parents, friends and neighbors. Also present, because the woman was found dead at her home, was the Assistant Deputy Medical Examiner. The woman we had to remove was very heavy, and it was very difficult to get her out of the house and into the hearse. We could not have the police officers help because of the confined area in the house. When we did get the body into the hearse, we walked over to where the officers, and medical examiner were filling out papers, I was asked for the phone number of the funeral home, I told them what it was, and down I went with SCA. I do not remember anything else, until I was in the ambulance on my way to the hospital. Later I was told that they were about to start CPR on me, when they were told there was an AED in the cruiser, which they got, and started using on me. I was very lucky because the rescuer had the only cruiser that carried an AED. I was revived in about three minutes from the time of my SCA. From there, I was taken by ambulance to Parkland Medical Center, in Derry, NH where I was stabilized, and stayed overnight. The next morning I was transferred to the Catholic Medical Center in Manchester, NH where I had a quadruple heart bypass performed by doctors Maloney, Charlesworth, Westbrook, and Baribeau. I was released from the hospital seven days later, and returned home to a complete recovery.

Printer-Friendly Version

In the News

None at this time.

All News Stories »