Scope of Practice & Principles
Ortho-Bionomy Scope of Practice
Ortho-Bionomy® can relieve acute and chronic body pain by gently placing the body into specific positions that engage the proprioceptive nerves found in muscles, joints, and fascia to restore healthy balance and functional ease.
Ortho-Bionomy is not massage therapy. No lotions, creams, or oils are used, nor any soft tissue manipulations or tools associated with that modality. Ortho-Bionomy is not Chiropractic, and no force is employed that crosses a resistance barrier. Ortho-Bionomy does not use strengthening or balancing techniques that are used by Physical Therapists or Athletic Trainers or the equipment they would use.
The trademark for the term Ortho-Bionomy® is owned by the Society of Ortho-Bionomy International®. The trademarks can only be used by individuals who have completed appropriate training, agreed to the Society’s Code of Ethics, and are active members of the Society. This ensures the modality is always used in a safe and beneficial way for the public.
Ortho-Bionomy is a unique technique that is complementary to most hands-on body work.
As a registered member of the Society of Ortho-Bionomy International® I agree to uphold the highest standards of professional behavior guided by the Code of Ethics stated below.
- The philosophy and concepts of Ortho-Bionomy shall be the guiding principles in my work with clients.
- I will at all times render the highest quality of services possible for the well being and benefit of my client.
- I will only offer skills or services in which I have specifically been trained. For issues that fall beyond the scope of my practice, I will refer clients to other qualified professionals.
- To protect the privacy of my clients, I will keep all communications, clients’ records and client identity confidential.
- Recognizing the vulnerability of the client in a therapeutic relationship, I will maintain the highest standard of professional conduct. I will show regard for common legal, moral and ethical standards.
- To preserve the integrity of Ortho-Bionomy, I will make a clear distinction between Ortho-Bionomy and other modalities that I use.
- I will bring to the notice of the Society any action of another member that appears to be ethically inappropriate or contrary to standards set by the Society.
- I will use all Society trademarks only in accordance with the current established guidelines. Failure to follow guidelines will lead to suspension of said trademark use.
- I will endeavor to improve my technical skills and professional standards through continuing educational training.
- I will uphold professional relationships, never slandering a member of the Ortho-Bionomy community or the allied professional community.
- Anyone in my employment will abide by the policies and trademark regulations set by the Society of Ortho-Bionomy International.
- I will display a copy of this code of ethics in my work area where it is clearly visible.
- I understand that transgression of the Codes of Ethics may result in the surrender of my membership.