Coalition for a Safe & Responsible Ohio
The Coalition for a Safe and Responsible Ohio is a grassroots organization of safety-conscious groups and concerned individuals united to promote safe and responsible alcohol sales in Ohio to protect our communities and our young citizens.
The Wholesale Beer & Wine Association of Ohio (WBWAO) is a founding member of the Coalition which was activated in 2004 during national and state litigation concerning direct shipping (supplier to consumer).
Coalition members are concerned with underage access to alcohol, especially today's ease of internet and catalog sales.
The Coalition believes alcohol sales must be properly regulated in Ohio. Eliminating Ohio's three-tier system which currently regulates the sale of alcoholic beverages would be detrimental to the state and will make it much easier for underage consumers to acquire alcohol beverages.
CURRENTLY in Ohio, consumers may purchase beer and wine directly from out-of-state wineries if they complete the Ohio Excise and Use Tax Filing form (accessed from www.dolc.gov website). OHIO GENERAL ASSEMBLY will determine if this procedure will change in the future.
- Alcohol and Drug Abuse Prevention Association of Ohio
- Buckeye State Sheriffs' Association
- Drug-Free Action Alliance
- Ohio Association of County Behavioral Health Authorities
- Ohio Association of Secondary School Administrators
- Ohio Council of Retail Merchants
- Ohio Department of Alcohol and Drug Addiction Services
- Ohio Department of Health
- Ohio Department of Public Safety
- Ohio High School Athletic Association
- Ohio Resource Network for Drug Free Schools & Communities
- Wholesale Beer and Wine Association of Ohio
- Wyandot County Sheriff's Office
To contact the Coalition: 614/224-0777