Complete Story


Damaged Automobile

Howard Gap Storage - Harry Schenimann

We have a damaged automobile that has been stored for three years. The owner is now seven months delinquent. Instead of obtaining a title, can I have a wrecker service come and tow it away?

Printer-Friendly Version


Eddie Stallings on Thursday 11/22/2018 at 02:14PM wrote:

Harry, we stopped storing damaged vehicles for this very reason. It’s too easy for them to walk away and leave you holding the bag. In the past when we were in this situation we would call a local reputable tow company that knew how to dispose of these cars properly and we would accept the loss. Hopefully others will join our conversation with additional input. Good luck

Alisha Mullis on Friday 11/30/2018 at 04:04PM wrote:

We also Call a towing service and have it removed. and accept the lost and Send all monies owed to a collection agency .
Which is why we now required all parking to be insurance &Proof of ownership, and Running condition. , We check our parking lot just like our storage units, to keep on top of those who would leave you a mess.

George Webb on Wednesday 12/05/2018 at 01:36PM wrote:

What are the guidelines we have to follow to have a vehicle towed? Or do we have to proceed with public sale?

Alisha Mullis on Tuesday 12/11/2018 at 01:31PM wrote:

you still do the same thing as a storage auction unit. just the day of the sale you call the towing company. Just make sure its in your lease to do so.

Disclaimer: The opinions expressed in the comments shown above are those of the individual comment authors and do not reflect the opinions of this organization.