The mission of the Society is to promote excellence in the care of patients afflicted with cancer and hematologic disorders. The Society works to:
- Promote excellence in the care of patients afflicted with cancer and hematologic disorders.
- Advance the sciences of Hematology and Oncology and improve hematologic and oncologic services to the public.
- Safeguard the rights of patients with hematologic and oncologic diseases;
- Serve as a spokesperson and liaison to governmental agencies and managed care organizations.
- Disseminate information regarding legislative and regulatory developments affecting the issues of common concern to Hematologists and Oncologists.