OOA Honors 16 Ohioans During the Annual Symposium
The Ohio Osteopathic Association recognized a number of Ohio DOs who have have made significant contributions to osteopathic medicine in Ohio, April 28, 2011, during the Ohio Osteopathic Symposium in Columbus. They include:
- Richard J. Snow, DO, of Columbus, who received the Distinguished Service Award, the OOA’s highest honor;
- R. Aaron Adams, DO, of Portsmouth, and Cleanne Cass, DO, of Dayton, received Trustees Awards for their work with the Ohio Prescription Drug Abuse Task Force;
- Fred M. DeGrandis, chair of the Cleveland Clinic Community Physician Partnership and Quality Alliance, received the Meritorious Service Award,
- Sylvia Esser-Gleason, DO, of Dayton, received the M. Bridget Wagner, DO, Humanitarian Award; and
- Joni S. Canby, DO, of Youngstown, received the George L. Eckert, Jr, DO, Mentor of the Year award, presented for the first time this year.
- Nine physicians received OOA Life Member awards: James B. Beard, DO; Donald R. Furci, DO; James B. McGriff, DO; Karl E. Haecker, DO; Kirk L. Hilliard, Jr., DO;Howard J. Bellin, DO; David E. Brown, DO; Robert L. Evans, DO; and Bernard F. Master, DO.
- In addition, Frank L. Schwartz, MD, professor of endocrinology director of the ARHI Diabetes/Endocrine Center at OU-COM, delivered the JO Watson, DO, Memorial Lecture. The Lecture Award, an ongoing tribute to one of Ohio’s most respected osteopathic physicians, is sponsored jointly by the Ohio Osteopathic Foundation and Osteopathic Heritage Foundation.