Attention all Student Pharmacists! OPA Annual Conf: April 17-19
Attention all Student Pharmacists! The 137th Ohio Pharmacists Association Annual Conference and Trade Show is full of great opportunities for students to get involved, learn about current hot topics in pharmacy and network with other pharmacy professionals. The Conference will be held April 17-19, 2015 at the Columbus Convention Center.
Hotel & Lodging Information: Reservation requests made after March 19 for the Hilton; and those made for Hampton Inn & Suites or Drury Inn after March 26 are subject to availability and may not be available at the special conference rates. Conference Hotel Registration Links & Info
If you haven't yet registered for the OPA Annual Conference, you may use the following link: For secure online registration, REGISTER TODAY! (Register before March 31 for discounted student pricing! )
Here are more exciting ways for students to get involved:
- Around the Residency Realm in 90 Minutes: Come and learn about Community and Ambulatory care based PGY1 residencies! A panel of PGY1 program directors, alumni, and residents will be presenting on a wide variety of topics and sharing their experiences.
- Career Panel: Listen to current practitioners describe their career paths and offer advice on how to have a successful career in pharmacy
- Top-Notch Industry Exhibitors at the Trade Show: Multiple chances to win exciting door prizes while having the opportunity to learn about new products and services
- Learn Helpful Clinical Information: Come listen to your professors provide CPE (and maybe earn some brownie points!)-
- New Drug Update by Karen Kier (Ohio Northern University)
- Turning Pharmacy Challenges into Financial Opportunity by Marc Sweeney (Cedarville University) & Don Bennett (Ohio State University)
- The “Pharmacophore Rule” and the Spices by Jon Sprague (Bowling Green State University), and much more!
The entire conference brochure may be view or downloaded from the following link: http://www.ohiopharmacists.org/aws/OPA/asset_manager/get_file/94392?ver=31676
See you in April!
Nick Newman, PharmD Candidate 2015, OPA Extern