Immunization Training Program Offered
Pharmacist Training Program for Adult Immunizations - Saturday, February 23, 2002
WE'RE SORRY, THIS PROGRAM IS NOW FULL. IF YOU ARE INTERESTED IN ATTENDING A FUTURE IMMUNIZATION TRAINING PROGRAM, PLEASE $$Link,AWS_SSL:DisplayInputForm&FormID=22,CLICK HERE.$$
Pharmacist Training Program for Adult Immunizations
Saturday, February 23, 2002
Dublin Community Recreation Center, 5600 Post Road, Dublin, Ohio
OPA in cooperation with the Ohio Pharmacists Foundation is offering a course that, under the new Ohio law, allows pharmacists to administer certain adult immunizations.
This program has been approved by the Ohio State Board of Pharmacy to qualify pharmacists to administer adult influenza, pneumococcal, tetanus, hepatitis A and hepatitis B vaccines.
Goals. The goals of this program are to train pharmacists to set up an adult immunization program for influenza, pneumococcal, tetanus, and hepatitis A & B; and to train pharmacists to properly administer vaccines and meet the requirements established by the Ohio State Board of Pharmacy for record keeping and for the use of physician protocols. The Ohio Pharmacists Association was instrumental in the passage of S.B. 248 (amending section 4729.41) which codifies the pharmacist’s ability to administer the following adult immunizations: influenza, pneumonia, tetanus, hepatitis A and hepatitis B. Pharmacists desiring to give immunizations must:
Certificate of Achievement.
- complete a course in drug administration approved by the State Board of Pharmacy;
- receive and maintain certification to perform basic life-support procedures by completing a basic life-support training course by the American Red Cross or the American Heart Association; and
- practice in accordance with a definitive set of treatment guidelines specified in a protocol established by a physician and approved by the Ohio State Board of Pharmacy.
To become eligible to receive a Certificate of Achievement for this program and to meet Ohio State Board of Pharmacy criteria, participants must:
- complete the home study program with a passing grade of at least 80%
(ACPE 129-000-01-048-H01, 0.30 CEUs)
- attend the live training session
(ACPE 129-000-01-049-L01, 0.40 CEUs)
- complete the CPR course or show proof of current certification in CPR
(ACPE 129-000-01-044-L04, 0.45 CEUs)
The Ohio Pharmacists Foundation is the educational arm of the Ohio Pharmacists Association. As part of its mission, the Foundation provides education programs designed for pharmacists, to address the daily issues of pharmacy.
- 8:00 a.m. Registration
- 8:30 to 10:10 a.m. Immunology Review and the Effect of Adult Immunizations on Influenza, Pneumococcal, Tetanus, and Hepatitis A & B
- 10:10 to 10:20 a.m. Break
- 10:20 to 11:20 a.m. Sterile Technique in Injectable Dosage Preparation and Administration
- 11:20 to 12:10 p.m. Nuts & Bolts of a Pharmacist Administered Vaccination Program in a Community Pharmacy
- 12:10 p.m. Box Lunch
- 1:00 to 5:30 p.m. Adult CPR with Automated External Defibrillator
The Ohio Pharmacists Foundation Inc. is accredited by the American Council on Pharmaceutical Education as a provider of continuing pharmaceutical education.
Or call the Ohio Pharmacists Association with Visa or MasterCard information: 614.798.0037