RSA - 2012 Conference - Deadline to be INCLUDED in the Program - February 15, 2012
The 2012 RSA Conference is fast approaching, and you don't want to miss it! To reserve your place on the program, you must register by midnight TOMORROW, Wednesday, February 15. To register, CLICK HERE!.
Why register? Here are just a few of the reasons:
• PROGRAM: Four days of exciting panels covering a wide variety of rhetorical studies.
• OPENING KEYNOTE: Kathleen Hall Jamieson and Karlyn Kohrs Campbell will speak late Friday afternoon on "Encapsulating the National Identity in Key Presidential Phrases"
• OPENING RECEPTION: Come reacquaint yourself with old friends and make some new ones at the Friday evening reception. Good food and good conversation guaranteed!
• SUNDAY LUNCH & PRESIDENT'S ADDRESS: Sign up for the luncheon to hear Jacqueline Jones Royster present the President's Address and to celebrate this year's award winners
• SUPERSESSIONS: Saturday afternoon sessions will engage participants in discussions on human rights rhetoric, women's rhetoric, rhetorical criticism, Kenneth Burke, rhetorical pedagogy, political/visual rhetorics, indigeneity and rhetoric, non-human rhetoric, transnationalism and rhetoric, and the rhetoric of film
• RESEARCH NETWORK: Beginning scholars will work with experienced scholars to further their own research agendas.
• GRADUATE STUDENT RECEPTION: Sunday night reception for graduate students provides opportunities for professional development and for making new friends
• SEMINAR: Professor Laurent Pernot will conduct a seminar on epideictic rhetoric
• OFF-SITE VENUES: A few sessions will be held at Philadelphia historical sites, such as City Hall, the Union League, Arch Street Quaker Meeting House, and the Surgical Amphitheater
• PHILADELPHIA: It's a great city! There's lots to see and do ... great historic sites, great restaurants, great art museum.
See you in Philadelphia!
Professor and Chair
President, Rhetoric Society of America
Department of English
Milwaukee, WI 53201