ECA 2015 Convention - Organizational Communication Interest Group - Call for Submissions
Call for Papers
Organizational Communication Interest Group
106th Annual Eastern Communication Association Convention
April, 22-26, 2015
Communication scholars and researchers will gather in Philadelphia, PA for the 106th Annual Easter Communication Association (ECA) Convention to deliberate on research, teaching ideas, and investigations into communication. The Organizational Communication Interest Group (OCIG) invites you to submit your scholarship for the opportunity to showcase it during the convention.
Convention Submission Deadline: October 15, 2014
OCIG welcomes proposals, regardless of affiliation, for papers, panels, workshops, round table discussions, symposiums, debates, open forums, community programs, or any other creative sessions. While the theme focuses on deliberation, your work may directly address deliberation or provide the space for deliberation.
Submit all proposals electronically (.docx or .pdf) to Cristina Gonzalez Alcala at email@example.com.
- Submissions must include a detachable title page with title of the paper and full contact information for author(s) (affiliation, mailing address, telephone number, and email address), statement of responsibility below, along with the remainder of your proposal (completed papers, abstracts, etc.).
- Include a one-page abstract on the second page with all author-identifiers removed.
- Submissions must include a title page with thematic title for the program and full contact
- Provide a detailed rationale and description for the program/panel.
- Each presentation must have a title page and abstract page, and include the statement of responsibility below.
EXTENDED ABSTRACTS OF PAPERS
- Extended abstracts of papers in progress must show a reasonable expectation of being available as a completed paper by the time of the convention.
- Follow Completed Papers submission instructions above.
STATEMENT OF RESPONSBILITY
In submitting the attached paper or proposal, I/We recognize that this submission is considered a professional responsibility. If this submission is accepted and programmed, I/We agree to register for the 2015 ECA Convention, pay fees, and present in Philadelphia. I/We understand that presenters with last minute emergencies must make arrangements as possible for an alternate presenter as well as communicate their absences to both the Interest Group Planner and ECA VP; no shows will be removed from the official program.
- Chairs and respondents must be different and cannot also serve as panelists
- Audio visual equipment requests are to be noted on the title page of the proposal
- Co-sponsorship of panels is highly encouraged, submit proposal to all potentially involved groups
- Identify paper presenter with an asterisk in multi-authored papers
- Indicate name of chair, respondent, and moderator in your title page
- Include name, institutional affiliation, position or educational level and major, preferred mailing address, email, and phone number in all contact information
- Designate “Debut” if author has not presented previously at a regional or national convention
- Student material must include contact information for faculty sponsor(s)
- If willing, specify willingness to participate in spotlight sessions
OCIG Contact Information