AmSAT Membership includes certified teachers, teachers in training, and supporters
- AmSAT certified Alexander Technique Teachers (voting)
- Internationally certified Alexander Technique Teachers (non-voting)
- Trainees enrolled in AmSAT training courses (non-voting)
- Non-teachers, called Supporting Members, who are in sympathy with the Alexander Technique and AmSAT (non-voting)
AmSAT Member Features and Benefits for All Categories Include:
- 10% off AmSAT Books
- AmSAT Journal twice a year
- Access to online continuing education events, live and recorded, throughout the year
- Access to online events throughout the year
- Discounted registration for the AmSAT Annual Conference
- AmSAT Office Administration Services
- (800) 473-0620 or (937) 586-3732
AmSAT Member Features and Benefits for Voting Members Include:
- The public can find you through AmSAT Website’s “Find a Teacher” listing
- Registration for the Annual General Meeting at no cost
- Informative email updates on Member, Board, and Committee Activities
- Professional Liability Insurance at a low group rate
- Members agree to and are protected by AmSAT’s governance and Code of Professional Conduct
- AmSAT’s Antitrust Compliance Policy adheres to federal and state antitrust laws
- Access to the Voting Members-only section of the website
- Marketing and business development section to help you build your practice
- AmSAT Journal online in searchable and PDF versions
- Regular Organizational Updates
- Free Promotion of Your Workshops and Classes on the AmSAT Website
- Ability to add your publications to AmSAT’s research database
- Converse with your colleagues on the AmSAT Community Forum
Become a Member
Supporting Membership (not a teacher, non-voting)
If you are not an Alexander Technique Teacher and are interested in AmSAT and the Alexander Technique, please find the application for becoming a Supporting member here: Supporting Member Application Form
Teachers are eligible for Voting Membership if you were certified by AmSAT after graduating from an AmSAT (formerly NASTAT) approved teacher training course (see AmSAT certification requirements).
You are also eligible if you reside in the United States and hold a certificate from a teacher training course approved by an international Affiliated Society (ATAS). The same criteria apply to a teacher who lives in a country where there is no Affiliated Society.
For recent graduates of an AmSAT-approved training course:
If you are a recent graduate from an AmSAT-approved training course, the training director of your course will put your name forward for Certification and Membership. Once the Board of Directors approves your certification and eligibility for membership, you will be invited to join AmSAT as a teacher and supplied with a dues invoice. You will have three months to submit your dues after receiving your invitation.
For graduates of an AmSAT approved training course who graduated more than two years ago
Please contact the AmSAT office at info@AmSATonline.org, (800) 473-0620 or (937) 586-3732. The office will pass along your information to the Membership Committee who will contact you to update your continuing education activities. Once that is complete, your name will be re-submitted to the Board of Directors. After confirmation by the Board, you will receive your invitation and invoice.
For graduates of non-AmSAT, non-ATAS courses
Teachers who hold a certificate from a teacher training course that is neither from AmSAT nor any other Affiliated society (ATAS) may contact AmSAT (info@AmSATonline.org, (800) 473-0620 or (937) 586-3732) for a Credentials Review Application. If your training is determined to be comparable to AmSAT’s teacher training standards, you will undergo an evaluation. Upon satisfactory completion of this evaluation, you will receive an AmSAT Certificate of Training and be eligible for membership. Applicants whose training does not meet AmSAT standards or who do not satisfactorily complete the evaluation may be requested to complete additional training.
For ATAS teachers living outside the United States
International Memberships (non-voting) are available for teachers who reside outside of the United States and who are members or are eligible to be members of one of the international Affiliated Societies (ATAS).
Train to Teach
Trainees enrolled in an AmSAT-approved teacher training course become Trainee Members (non-voting). To find out more about training courses and how you can become an AmSAT certified teacher, click here.
Renew Your Membership
Current Members: click here to renew your membership
Dues Structure (as of 2021)
Full Voting Membership (4th year+): $270
Reduced dues for newly graduated and certified teachers (based on graduation/certification date)
- 1st year: $155
- 2nd year: $155
- 3rd year: $155
Dual Membership: $155
International Membership (non-voting): $135
Supporting Membership (non-teachers): $55
Trainee Membership (non-voting): complimentary
To Support AmSAT, click here:
- Research Fund: support the AmSAT annual research grant
- Community Fund: supplement dues for Members with special financial circumstances
- Teachers Memorial Fund: provide AmSAT Annual Conference scholarships to trainees
- Judith Leibowitz Scholarship Fund: provide scholarships to people of color who train to become teachers
- Expansion Fund: contribute to New Programs
- General fund: unrestricted contributions to support AmSAT
Please contact the Membership Committee Chair: Amanda Blair MacDonald.