ECA 2023 ... G.I.F.T.S Call for Papers
G.I.F.T.S Call for Papers
The 114th Annual Convention of the Eastern Communication Association
Hyatt Regency Inner Harbor, Baltimore, MD
March 29-April 2, 2023
Submission Deadline: October 16, 2022 11:59 PST
“Innovate”: To make changes in something established, especially by introducing new ideas, methods, or activities. To create transformation, revolution, metamorphosis.
Hello! Provided below is the Great Ideas For Teaching Students (G.I F.T.S) call for papers. In keeping with the innovation theme, G.I.F.T.S wants to celebrate new ideas, methods, or activities. This is where you come in! Let us collaboratively consider innovation in the classroom. How are our teaching practices served by innovating what is mandated, challenging the norm, stimulating new discussion, or what opportunities exist in our pedagogical practices? Let’s take our G.I.F.T.S. program to the next level as we explore our teaching strategies.
You are encouraged to submit an activity, assignment, project, game, or simulation that you have used in the classroom successfully. The activity should address specific communication theory(s), concept(s), skill(s) or learning objective(s) appropriate to the communication discipline at the college classroom level.
Guidelines for Submission:
- Choose a “Great Idea” that you have successfully used in the classroom.
- Create a well-written, mistake-free proposal that includes the following:
- The tile of your activity
- The course(s) for which it is intended
- The goals and objectives of the activity
- A rationale for conducting this particular activity
- Directions for the activity, including
- any preparation/preliminary steps &/or materials needed
- an explanation of the connection to concepts, theory, and/or skills covered in the activity
Submissions must follow these guidelines or they will not be considered.
Statement of Professional Responsibility
The following statement MUST be included with every submission of a paper or panel in order for it to be eligible for review.
In submitting the attached paper or proposal, I/We recognize that this submission is considered a professional responsibility. I/We agree to present this panel or paper if it is accepted and programmed. I/We further recognize that all who attend and present at ECA’s annual meeting must register and pay required fees.