ECA 2015 Convention - Communication Administration Interest Group - Call for Submissions
Call for Papers
Communication Administration Interest Group
106th Annual Eastern Communication Association Convention
Submission Deadline: October 15, 2014
Submission Email: email@example.com
(1) Paper submissions should come in two attachments—one attachment should be a title page with full contact information and the other should be the remainder of the paper with no identifying author, school, faculty, or contact information; (2) panel submissions should contain identifying information and may come as one attachment; (3) submission format should be either .docx or .pdf
The 106th Annual ECA Convention theme is “Deliberation: Philadelphia.” The submission deadline is Wednesday, October 15, 2014 at 11:59 p.m. (or midnight). The convention will be held in Philadelphia, Pennsylvania at the Sheraton Society Hill on April 22-26, 2015.
The convention, as always, features panels, round tables, short courses, and programming on the convention theme. In addition, the Fifth Annual James C. McCroskey and Virginia P. Richmond Undergraduate Scholars Conference (USC) will run concurrently with the ECA convention on Friday and Saturday (April 24-25). USC papers will be accepted through December 19, 2014, to enable scholarly student papers from the fall semester to be submitted.
Submission of Completed Papers: Individual submissions of complete papers should include the following elements:
- A detachable title page with the title of the paper and the author’s affiliation, mailing address, telephone number, and email address. If the paper has multiple authors, please indicate who will be presenting at the convention.
- The word “Debut” marked on all papers written by authors who have not presented previously at a regional or national convention.
- A one-page abstract on the second page.
- A request for AV needs.
- A statement of professional responsibility on the second page.
Submission of Program/Panel Proposals: Submission of program/panel proposals should include the following elements:
- A thematic title for the program.
- Names of the chair and respondents (if any). Chairs should not also be designated as respondents.
- Names, mailing addresses, telephone numbers, email addresses, and institutional affiliations of all participants.
- Titles and abstracts for each paper or presentation.
- A program copy (no more than a 75-word description) as it should appear in the final program.
- A detailed rationale for the program/panel.
- A statement of professional responsibility.
Statement of Professional Responsibility: The statement below MUST be included with every submission of a paper or panel in order for it to be eligible for review:
In submitting the attached paper or proposal, I/We recognize that this submission is considered a professional responsibility. If this submission is accepted and programmed, I/We agree to register for the 2015 ECA Convention, pay fees, and present in Philadelphia. I/We understand that presenters with last minute emergencies must make arrangements as possible for an alternate presenter as well as communicate their absences to both the Interest Group Planner and ECA VP; no shows will be removed from the official program.
Please submit materials electronically by midnight on Wednesday, October 15, 2014 with ECA--Communication Administration in the subject line to:
Janie M. H. Fritz
Department of Communication & Rhetorical Studies
307 College Hall
600 Forbes Avenue
Pittsburgh, PA 15282
Office: (412) 396-6558