Coshocton County Fiscal Officer
Under the supervision of the JFS Director, the JFS Fiscal Officer coordinates, plans, and manages fiscal operations for all program areas within the agency including maintaining expenditures, reconciling budget accounts, and balancing the budget with the County Auditor. This position analyzes and forecasts current spending trends, using current and historic reports to project future expenditures in relation to anticipated budgets for multiple funding streams while ensuring compliance with federal, state, and local regulations.
The Fiscal Officer provides direct supervision over all fiscal unit staff, interviews candidates for positions within the unit, recommends hiring, and ensures appropriate training. The Fiscal Officer will also maintain a positive working relationship with other agency leadership, County Auditor’s Office, County Commissioners Officer, as well as district and state personnel with regards to agency fiscal matters.
- Completion of undergraduate major core coursework in accounting, finance, financial management or like academic field that included at least three courses in accounting and one course in finance.
- Or two courses or twelve months experience in accounting, two courses or twelve months experience in finance, one course or six months experience in business administration, one course or six months experience in written communication for business, one course or six months experience in public relations, and one course or six months experience in typing, keyboarding, or word processing to include generating a spreadsheet.
- OR education, training and/or experience in amount equal to the Minimum Qualifications stated above.
- E-mail county application, resume, and coverletter(optional) to Freeman2@jfs.ohio.gov (preferred)
- In person or by mail include the county application, resume, and cover letter (optional) to 725 Pine Street Coshocton Ohio, 43812 ATTN: Jaime Freeman
- Online at ohiomeansjobs.com and www.indeed.com